The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
You don't get actual tickets, they are loaded onto your student card which is swiped on entry.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Ahh thing is I bought 3 tickets? For me and two mates? how does this work then, do we all swipe in with my card?

Thanks for the quick reply
Yep, it all goes on your card. Just make sure you all turn up together.
Reply 4
Ok

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
Reply 5
So if I wanted to sell a ticket to someone I can just swipe for them?
Reply 6
Well, it isn't you that's swiping, it's the person on the door. If you're going to the event as well then there's no problem with selling someone the other ticket - you just say on the door that there are 2 tickets on your card and the person next to you is the other ticket-holder. If you aren't going to the event, then you can't really sell the ticket on the card unless the person takes your card to the event - which has your photo on it. They don't necessarily check everyone's photo, but it's a risk. Also, the bouncers before that do check everyone's NUS before you get into queue lanes.
Reply 7
Hey, I don't understand the last part, sorry, say I wanted my gf to come, who doesn't attend uni yet, I buy a non-NUS ticket and add it to my card, so they're two tickets an NUS and non-NUS ticket, is this allowed, as she won't have a student card herself? Will she be let in to the event?
This isn't for the freshers ball just in general.

Cheers
Yes, she can come, but she'll need some ID (passport or driver's license).
Reply 9
Are all events over 18? :frown: shes not 18 until like the very end of august . . . which sucks :P
Reply 10
I think the only events which aren't over 18s are public shows, i.e. when big bands come to play - over 18s get given a wristband on entry.

The SU is an alcohol-serving venue, just like any pub, bar or club, so it is naturally for ages 18+.

It is, however, pretty simple to get a young'un in. You just need to find someone who has the same hair colour as your girlfriend, who isn't going to the event, to lend you her student card.
Reply 12
I don't think I've met anyone with the same haircolour, :P its umm quite distinctive haha,

Does anyone have ideas, whats our chances of getting into Top B together?

Cheers
saxabojed
I don't think I've met anyone with the same haircolour, :P its umm quite distinctive haha,

Does anyone have ideas, whats our chances of getting into Top B together?

Cheers

Unless she can find some photo id that is recognised as official like a drivers/passport/student card then she won't get in. Anyone without a student card has to have ID. I've seen people who very obviously look over 18 be turned away for forgetting ID. Bouncers are quite strict at the union.
Reply 14
But equally, they don't check the ID fully. You could always pretend that your gf dyed her hair?
Reply 15
True true, might have to be a few quiet nights at the grad haha :P we'll see we'll see.
Reply 16
Blag it. If not head for a Rootes kitchen party, there is always groups that never make it out...

Latest