The Student Room Group

Sussex or Brighton PGCE

I've been accepted to study a PGCE in MFL at both Sussex and Brighton but I don't know which one to choose. Does Sussex being higher in the university rankings make a difference in terms of job prospects? If anybody has any experience at either one let me know!
Original post by peaheadpete
I've been accepted to study a PGCE in MFL at both Sussex and Brighton but I don't know which one to choose. Does Sussex being higher in the university rankings make a difference in terms of job prospects? If anybody has any experience at either one let me know!

University rankings really don't matter for the PGCE at all. Schools won't care about the status of the university where you studied your PGCE.

Usually, it's a good idea to do your teacher training close to the area where you want to get your first teaching job. This way, you may get offered a job on a placement and be able to accept it, or at least you won't have to travel ages for interviews. If you don't have any geographic preference, then the best thing to do is decide based on which seems the better course for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending