Liverpool Uni - Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Year 0)

Watch
cc2804
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys,

Has/is anyone applying for the foundation degree for health in Liverpool uni for 2021? Or has anyone started this year?

Looking for some advice/tips regarding interview process and any information you feel helped you in your PS.

(Mature student, 28, new mum, working in healthcare in prison services)

Thanks!
Josephw1989
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have you been offered an interview yet? I applied this year but not heard anything yet
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve not even sent my application off yet! Just curious ☺️
laurenjayne1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello!

I did this course a couple of years ago and I am now in my second year of veterinary science at Liverpool.

For the vet interviews:
The interview process is usually a MMI format. Several stations with different topics such as welfare, transferrable skills, bit of maths, description of interesting case studies seen in practice.

The interviews will be via zoom this year due to Covid. And usually you need a couple of weeks of work experience as a minimum before applying, but one of the heads of department has emailed me to say that they may relax that rule a little, again due to the current situation.

This information will likely not be the same for each of the respective schools!

Lauren x
A_P_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cc2804)
Hi guys,

Has/is anyone applying for the foundation degree for health in Liverpool uni for 2021? Or has anyone started this year?

Looking for some advice/tips regarding interview process and any information you feel helped you in your PS.

(Mature student, 28, new mum, working in healthcare in prison services)

Thanks!
Hey, what course are you applying for?

Your PS and interview will be for the degree you're applying for rather than the foundation year. I had my interview for physiotherapy last week and it was a group interview on zoom, think I was the only one applying for the foundation year so all the questions were tailored towards physio and healthcare.
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by A_P_)
Hey, what course are you applying for?

Your PS and interview will be for the degree you're applying for rather than the foundation year. I had my interview for physiotherapy last week and it was a group interview on zoom, think I was the only one applying for the foundation year so all the questions were tailored towards physio and healthcare.
Hey!

Im applying for Diagnostic Radiography! I didnt realise that people would be getting their interviews already. Ill have to get my application in soon, dont want to miss out!
Dizzys1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi 😊

I've applied for Dentistry. Been told I've been shortlisted for interview but won't know details until February. They confirmed it would be an online interview though.
Dizzys1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
P.s. I've made a group on Facebook (search for course name) so we can all chat 😊
cc2804
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hey! How long did you wait between applying and receiving a response?

I’ve tried to find the FB group! But can only find one for 2020? Not sure if that’s the right one
Dizzys1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by cc2804)
Hey! How long did you wait between applying and receiving a response?

I’ve tried to find the FB group! But can only find one for 2020? Not sure if that’s the right one
Here's the link to the Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1464...804/?ref=share

I applied at the end of September and they accidentally rejected me, i emailed asking for feedback, then emailed me beginning of November to apologise and told me I had an interview. Don't think this is the norm though. They said they normally let people know beginning of February.
bedetermined
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Has anyone heard anything back for Foundation Occupational Therapy?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (118)
28.23%
No - I have already returned home (56)
13.4%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (81)
19.38%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.57%
No - I live at home during term anyway (123)
29.43%

Watched Threads