The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool 789S 2023 Entry Applicants and Offer Holders

Welcome to the University of Liverpool 789S (Foundation to Heath and Veterinary Studies (Medicine) Year 0) 2022 Entry Discussion.

Previous threads:
2020: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6022572
2021: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560738
2022: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7109198

For general information click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/foundation-to-health-studies-year-0/overview/

For entry requirements click: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/foundation-to-health-studies-year-0/entry-requirements/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck! :bl:

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone, :smile:

As you may have noticed, this thread owner is @TSR George - an account used by TSR for several purposes including as a placeholder when a thread owner wishes to delete their account.

If you would like to be the new first post in this thread - you can!
To do this, please tag @04MR17 or @StrawberryDreams in this thread and ask for the OP to be changed to you.
Please do this if you would like to add additional resources into the OP and intend to stay around on the forums during the application cycle.

The owner of a thread will only be changed once - except if an OP deletes their account.

Please allow 48 hours for your request to be seen and actioned. This message will be posted into each of the 2023 applicants threads currently owned by TSR George.

Thanks all,

MR
Hi where is the actual thread for this ?
Reply 3
Hi everyone, has anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 4
Original post by nisa17
Hi everyone, has anyone heard anything yet?

Hey! I still haven't heard anything. I rang the admissions team last week and they said we should all hear in the next week or two. So its looking like this week or next.. the anticipation is killing me :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by MFG243
Hey! I still haven't heard anything. I rang the admissions team last week and they said we should all hear in the next week or two. So its looking like this week or next.. the anticipation is killing me :frown:

Sameeee - the waiting game is the worst but thank you for calling them and updating us. Keeping our fingers crossed for us :h:
Hi there!

I wish you all good luck in getting your offers :smile:

In the meantime let me know if you have any questions about the University or the city!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Reply 7
Original post by nisa17
Sameeee - the waiting game is the worst but thank you for calling them and updating us. Keeping our fingers crossed for us :h:

I heard back today and got offered an interview, hoping you’ve heard back??
Reply 8
Original post by MFG243
I heard back today and got offered an interview, hoping you’ve heard back??

Hi I’ve heard back but they’ve not given me a definite date? Have they responded to you since? I have no idea if it’s a panel or MMI either can’t seem to find any information on the structure
Reply 9
Original post by MBMH
Hi I’ve heard back but they’ve not given me a definite date? Have they responded to you since? I have no idea if it’s a panel or MMI either can’t seem to find any information on the structure

I’ve just had an email with a date and time. It looks like a panel interview. Have you heard back now?
I'm finishing the Year 0 now, the interview last year was a panel interview on zoom :smile:
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 11
Original post by MFG243
I’ve just had an email with a date and time. It looks like a panel interview. Have you heard back now?

Thanks hahah sorry for the late reply
all done now 😭
Reply 12
Does anyone know how many places are on the Year Zero programme and what the competition ratio is?
Original post by MBMH
Does anyone know how many places are on the Year Zero programme and what the competition ratio is?

Hi, I think this year the place split was said to be 5 vet 5 dent 5 dent therapy and 15 med. It can vary though, only 2 vets were on the course this year for example. Ratio wise I'm not too sure but it is very competitive :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by MBMH
Thanks hahah sorry for the late reply
all done now 😭

I had mine tooo. How was yours 😢
Reply 15
Original post by taraTbash
I had mine tooo. How was yours 😢

I was really upset with myself after mine. I had done so much prep and it’s like it all fell out the window and I just waffled and didn’t say things I wanted too.

I cried yesterday, I was so gutted. Tried to just wipe my tears and forget about it! Dreading the results 🥲
Reply 16
Original post by MFG243
I was really upset with myself after mine. I had done so much prep and it’s like it all fell out the window and I just waffled and didn’t say things I wanted too.

I cried yesterday, I was so gutted. Tried to just wipe my tears and forget about it! Dreading the results 🥲

I felt very much the same don’t worry! I felt like I had no opportunity to show who I was . But it’s done now and I’ll just wallow in self pity until the results 🥺.

My stupid answers keep coming back in waves. You’re not alone, I’m sure we’ve done better than we think x
Reply 17
I can’t direct message anyone on here cos I’m new 😭but I wonder how many applied for the medicine year 0?
I’m so disappointed I froze a few times like why did my mind go blank when I prepared loads and knew lots of the topics. Feel like the interview was so last minute tho maybe that’s why I was a bit panicky
Reply 18
Original post by MBMH
I can’t direct message anyone on here cos I’m new 😭but I wonder how many applied for the medicine year 0?
I’m so disappointed I froze a few times like why did my mind go blank when I prepared loads and knew lots of the topics. Feel like the interview was so last minute tho maybe that’s why I was a bit panicky

Hey;

Try not to worry too much. I’m absolutely the same, I felt so well prepared going in and then completely taken off guard by the questions. You’ve probably done better than you thought, try to relax over the weekend and fingers crossed for next week :smile: x
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 19
Original post by taraTbash
Hey;

Try not to worry too much. I’m absolutely the same, I felt so well prepared going in and then completely taken off guard by the questions. You’ve probably done better than you thought, try to relax over the weekend and fingers crossed for next week :smile: x

It’s so hard to stop thinking about it 😭do you know when they said they’ll get back to us?

I just have a feeling I’ve flopped that so bad. Especially at the end when they said “good luck with your future” I’m guessing that translates to “you wont have a future with us” 😭😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending