The Student Room Group

is biology alevel worth it

if you don’t need it specifically for your university degree is it worth even trying? given how hard it is to get decent grades
Original post by koorgan
if you don’t need it specifically for your university degree is it worth even trying? given how hard it is to get decent grades

as someone who happily did a degree in it, i would NOT recommend the A level if you don't require it. it is a lot of work
Original post by koorgan

As someone in their second year, i would recommend only doing it if you need it. Its a LOT different to GCSE in the depth you have to know and you also have to write an essay as part of paper 3 that is structured differently to an english essay for example so you have to learn how to write in that way on top of learning content.

But all in all, you need to pick subjects that you won't ultimately regret picking and if you have long lasting doubts then maybe its not for you. E.g. i wish i didn't pick chemistry cos i didn't really need it and its never really been a subject i entirely love!
If you don’t need it, don’t do it. It’s too time consuming and requires a lot of practice to beat those specific mark schemes.

Quick Reply

Latest