The Student Room Group

Biology vs Business A-level

Hello,

which one is harder? do you think Biology is easier for someone who has no problem memorizing and likes the content?

I'm deciding between Biology and Business(you need to write a lot and English is not my first language)

I like both subjects.

Original post by SlowElectron
Hello,

which one is harder? do you think Biology is easier for someone who has no problem memorizing and likes the content?

I'm deciding between Biology and Business(you need to write a lot and English is not my first language)

I like both subjects.

I do Bio A-Level, and I can say its the easiest one I do! (Out of maths chem and bio)
It is a lot of memorisation, but application is also key. Some modules just memorising key terms will get you the information you need to answer an exam question.

Overall, I'd say to do the one you'd prefer and are genuinely more interested in. Also look out for what specific unis want (eg. if you want to do a business degree will you need business a-level)

If there are no specific requirements for, then choose the subject you think you will be strong in and get an A*, since if the uni doesn't care about the subject, then its all about securing the grade.

Hope that helps:smile:
Original post by Ducky_MoMo
I do Bio A-Level, and I can say its the easiest one I do! (Out of maths chem and bio)
It is a lot of memorisation, but application is also key. Some modules just memorising key terms will get you the information you need to answer an exam question.

Overall, I'd say to do the one you'd prefer and are genuinely more interested in. Also look out for what specific unis want (eg. if you want to do a business degree will you need business a-level)

If there are no specific requirements for, then choose the subject you think you will be strong in and get an A*, since if the uni doesn't care about the subject, then its all about securing the grade.

Hope that helps:smile:

Hello, thank you for your answer. English is not my first language so I need to practice my writing, since Business A-level requires a lot of writing. In what chapter are you in Biology? If I start in this month, due to the amount of content, I'm afraid not to make it in time.
Thanks
heya, Im yr13 OCR biology.

Are you year 12? or y11 picking now?

Biology is ALOT OF CONTENT. you have to put the hours in to memorise it. What grade did you get at GCSE. If you love biology its great if not it can be hard work to cover so much content if you don't find it interesting. Its definitely harder than some a levels but it the easier of the 3 sciences. A lot of memory! let me know any questions!

Do you have the option of taking both then dropping 1 after a few weeks to work out which one is for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending