The Student Room Group

Oxford Law Application Dilemma 2021

Hi! I'm an international student who applied for Law at Oxford for 2021 entry.

I study under the American AP/SAT/ACT system and our grade requirement is a 32 ACT score.

Due to the COVID situation, I only took the ACT once in September 2020 and got a 31. I put that on my UCAS application, but I was also hoping to take the December 2020 SAT in hopes of boosting my score and reaching that grade requirement. However, I think my school counselor removed the SAT from my future tests section on my UCAS when she submitted my application. So right now my UCAS application shows that I have no intention of taking any future tests.

I just discovered this mistake and I'm FREAKING OUT. I'm not sure what to do either. Should I email Oxford and make them aware of this situation?? Will it even make a difference?? I'm holding out hope because they haven't released their list of shortlisted applicants yet, but they probably will soon... Please give me your advice on what I should do in this situation. It's kind of a tough pill to swallow knowing that this mistake may have just automatically disqualified me from interviews given that Oxford is so academically competitive....
rip
Original post by sd544444
Hi! I'm an international student who applied for Law at Oxford for 2021 entry.

I study under the American AP/SAT/ACT system and our grade requirement is a 32 ACT score.

Due to the COVID situation, I only took the ACT once in September 2020 and got a 31. I put that on my UCAS application, but I was also hoping to take the December 2020 SAT in hopes of boosting my score and reaching that grade requirement. However, I think my school counselor removed the SAT from my future tests section on my UCAS when she submitted my application. So right now my UCAS application shows that I have no intention of taking any future tests.

I just discovered this mistake and I'm FREAKING OUT. I'm not sure what to do either. Should I email Oxford and make them aware of this situation?? Will it even make a difference?? I'm holding out hope because they haven't released their list of shortlisted applicants yet, but they probably will soon... Please give me your advice on what I should do in this situation. It's kind of a tough pill to swallow knowing that this mistake may have just automatically disqualified me from interviews given that Oxford is so academically competitive....

heya i'm an international student as well American system as well but ib hahaha. I would def email them esp if ur school made the mistake, good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending