The Student Room Group

What console are you going to get

Scroll to see replies

Original post by adam271
Nope no PS5.
I do intend to get one next year though.
I agree with you on the controller it is good. But it is optimised for ps5 games. PS5 games are somewhat lacking at the moment.

I would recommend to most people to wait a bit for getting a ps5. Why?
Lack of games
Bug fixes
Lack of availability.

The bug fixes is an important one.
Unlike the Xbox the PS5 is more of a top down redesign with a complete new UI, controller and design.
The problem with completely redesigning your console is it will be more prone to problems. Which has been shown by the PS5 having more issues then the Xbox.
This is not the fault of the PS5 its an issue with all new techology.
The Xbox doesnt suffer from it as much because it didnt change the UI or Controller and its pretty much just a hardware upgrade with a case.

Now when would I get a PS5? Probably when Hogwarts Legacy comes out. That game looks fantastic on the ps5.

good luck trying to find a PS5 when that game comes out, its not long. would’ve been better off preordering.

i dont have a PS4, which also makes the PS5 good to me. 20 of the best PS4 games for free with better load times? heck yeah. and my ps5 hasn’t had any bugs as of yet *touch wood*.
@MadameRazz

Hopefully getting a PS5 after Christmas will be a little easier.
Getting one right now is just crazy. 100% not paying scalper prices.
Original post by adam271
@MadameRazz

Hopefully getting a PS5 after Christmas will be a little easier.
Getting one right now is just crazy. 100% not paying scalper prices.

oh yeah, scalpers are the worst and no matter how much someone wants a ps5, its never a good idea to encourage them. it may take a few months for them to get enough stock to meet the crazy demand and with covid, that isn’t gonna be easy
Original post by MadameRazz
thats some strange logic you have there that i wholeheartedly disagree with. if the controller is fantastic, and works best with exclusive games on that console, that means you shouldn’t get the console? you realise how dumb that is, yes?

Thinking a controller is the reason to buy a console is hard to outdo on the dumb scale.

you’re only going to fully notice the difference if you have both and have played both on the right type of tv/monitor. looking at it on your phone isn’t going to show sh*t.

ALSO, you wanna compare those load times mate?

So I see your main problem - you make unfounded assumptions about others based on solely yourself. I'm not on a phone; I'm using a monitor.

I don't recall Spider-Man's load times being problematic.

If you're getting this upset at people, it tells me you think I have a point. Not that it matters.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ozzyoscy
So I see your main problem - you make unfounded assumptions about others based on solely yourself. I'm not on a phone; I'm using a monitor.

I don't recall Spider-Man's load times being problematic.

If you're getting this upset at people, it tells me you think I have a point. Not that it matters.

your responses are typical of someone who thinks they know everything. go take a nap or something sweetheart, you need it. and yes, spider-man PS4’s load times could get LONG, there are no load times on PS5.
your responses are typical of someone who thinks they know everything. go take a nap or something sweetheart, you need it. and yes, spider-man PS4’s load times could get LONG, there are no load times on PS5.

If you look at my join date, you'll see I've been on the internet a while, so your stereotype and the generic internet argument tactics / reverse psychology / denial is nothing new. You fish, but no bite.
I've seen PC vs console debates go to sh*t and Xbox vs PlayStation get ugly, think this is the first time I've seen a debate get nasty between two consoles of the same family :ahee:
ps 5
Why do you intend to spend so much money for a console, if you can play the most games on PC by steam!
Original post by Kallisto
Why do you intend to spend so much money for a console, if you can play the most games on PC by steam!

For me it's because I can sit on the couch and play. My PC chair is uncomfortable for long periods. And when I feel ill, I can take my console to the bedroom and don't even have to get up. :wizard:

Quick Reply

Latest