The Student Room Group

My sega master system 2 won't work

plz help
Original post by Dqueaky.inc
My sega master system 2 won't work
plz help

If you want help from people, you're going to have to give them a little more detail than that.

This bit of kit is likely about 30 years old. When did you last use it successfully? Last week, or two decades ago? Have you successfully used it with the TV to which it's currently connected? Has anything changed since it last worked (e.g. different TV, different power adapter, different controller, different game)?

When you say it "won't work", what happens? A blank screen? An error message? Some beeping? Or does it not even power up?

What have you tried so far to diagnose and resolve the issue?
Oh man I feel your pain
plz help

What did go wrong in detail? could be that this console is just too old to work. I had the same issue with the NES.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
If you want help from people, you're going to have to give them a little more detail than that.

This bit of kit is likely about 30 years old. When did you last use it successfully? Last week, or two decades ago? Have you successfully used it with the TV to which it's currently connected? Has anything changed since it last worked (e.g. different TV, different power adapter, different controller, different game)?

When you say it "won't work", what happens? A blank screen? An error message? Some beeping? Or does it not even power up?

What have you tried so far to diagnose and resolve the issue?

It won't connect to the TV. The console works as i have done some tinkering with it but i'm afraid that none of our Tvs are compatible.
It won't connect to the TV. The console works as i have done some tinkering with it but i'm afraid that none of our Tvs are compatible.

From that response I can guess the answer to some of the questions which you chose to ignore. Here are my guesses:

When did you last use it successfully? Not recently. Either never (because I just bought it second hand on eBay) or a long time ago.
Have you successfully used it with the TV to which it's currently connected? No.
Has anything changed since it last worked (e.g. different TV, different power adapter, different controller, different game)? Well, it's never worked on this TV. So that's changed.
When you say it "won't work", what happens? I get no image / sound, but I know the console itself is powering-up.
What have you tried so far to diagnose and resolve the issue? "some tinkering"

How is it connected to the TV? Directly via a coax / RF cable? Or have you got it going through some other device (e.g. a signal converted). Does the TV actually contain an analogue tuner? (Most modern TVs only have a digital tuner.)

Quick Reply

Latest