The Student Room Group

Fake recruiters for companies working behalf of Job Centre

I am new to this forum and have a question

I have been unemployed for 7 months now. During which time i have had a few interviews which goes exceptional well, but at the last minute i am being told that i was unsuccessful. It does appear that my last employer had been tanishing my name.

Anyways i recently had an interview. A day before the interview, i decided to look for the location, so on the day of the interview would not be spent frantically searching for it. When i arrived at the reception, the lady instantly new what company i was going to be interviewed for without i having mentioned it . Which was strange as there was several companies in the building but i tried not to read to much into it. Until i returned home that evening and recieved a call from the company to inform me the person i was due to be interviewed by would not be present at my interview the following day, but it will go ahead anyways. He went onto then say ( which i found even more strange )

"When you arrive at the reception make the woman at the reception you saw today know that you have an interview with Paul".

Two questions;

1) how do the reception know who i was and where i had the interview with?
2)How did he know it was me who attended today when i did not advise the reception who i was ?

The following day, i attended the interview - which was nice and informal and lasted over an hour and a but . I was not asked about previous employers or reasons i left . I was not given the times and dates of when the role was due to start. I have been to several interviews and can tell within the first 2 mins whether it was going to be a successful or not , but this one , we appeared all to jell so well..

The email i recieved stating i was unsuccessful was just formal- no i keep your record on file. nothing

I am not disappointed but i find it very strange that they appear to know more about me and it appears to me that the role could of been set up bythe job centre and was not a geunine role.. Has anyone else experienced this?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Amanda MoJohnson
I am new to this forum and have a question

I have been unemployed for 7 months now. During which time i have had a few interviews which goes exceptional well, but at the last minute i am being told that i was unsuccessful. It does appear that my last employer had been tanishing my name.

Anyways i recently had an interview. A day before the interview, i decided to look for the location, so on the day of the interview would not be spent frantically searching for it. When i arrived at the reception, the lady instantly new what company i was going to be interviewed for without i having mentioned it . Which was strange as there was several companies in the building but i tried not to read to much into it. Until i returned home that evening and recieved a call from the company to inform me the person i was due to be interviewed by would not be present at my interview the following day, but it will go ahead anyways. He went onto then say ( which i found even more strange )

"When you arrive at the reception make the woman at the reception you saw today know that you have an interview with Paul".

Two questions;

1) how do the reception know who i was and where i had the interview with?
2)How did he know it was me who attended today when i did not advise the reception who i was ?

The following day, i attended the interview - which was nice and informal and lasted over an hour and a but . I was not asked about previous employers or reasons i left . I was not given the times and dates of when the role was due to start. I have been to several interviews and can tell within the first 2 mins whether it was going to be a successful or not , but this one , we appeared all to jell so well..

The email i recieved stating i was unsuccessful was just formal- no i keep your record on file. nothing

I am not disappointed but i find it very strange that they appear to know more about me and it appears to me that the role could of been set up bythe job centre and was not a geunine role.. Has anyone else experienced this?

you're paranoid mate....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending