The Student Room Group

A-level Maths Study Group 2020-21!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A_02
Am I right in saying that differentiation of inverse trig (arccosx, arcsinx, arctanx) has been removed from the Edexcel spec?

Yes a direct mention of those derivatives was removed although the techniques required for them are still part of the spec. So it’s not completely clear and personally I would learn them just in case plus they are useful for practising other techniques.

There was a discussion about this here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5817618
Original post by HelloZello
how do people come up with calculus in the 1600's wow like how

Nothing else to do.
Original post by HelloZello
how do people come up with calculus in the 1600's wow like how

Original post by B_9710
Nothing else to do.

Famously, Newton invented calculus while in isolation due to the great plague.

Don't want to be pessimistic, but I'm doubting we get anything quite as impressive from 2020...
Original post by DFranklin
Famously, Newton invented calculus while in isolation due to the great plague.

Don't want to be pessimistic, but I'm doubting we get anything quite as impressive from 2020...

🤣😂😂😂
imagine if Newton and all the crazy mathematicians time travelled back to 2021 what type of advancements would take place
Reply 345
Original post by izzxm
Hi guys! I’m studying maths and further maths A-level (both edexcel). I’m in year 13 and of course exams start in just over 5 months😬. I was wondering where you are with completing your maths/further maths syllabus? - I’m nowhere finished with 2nd year stats + mechanics, have a few chapters left for pure year 2, have completed all of decision and just about half way through year 2 core further maths. Basically, i need some reassurance because i’m worried about not finishing everything and just wanted to have some kind of an idea of where others are with the teaching. Because of so much time away from school, i’m teaching myself some chapters because as great as my teachers are, i don’t think my classes are gonna get through everything if we carry on going at their pace😭

at my school we're done with a level maths and we just have the further left, I'm worried we might not finish the pure section for further maths. but I think in the ofqual guidelines it said people won't get tested on what they weren't taught
Hello I am doing OCR A Mathematics and Further Mathematics.

Is there anyone want to be study buddies to help with each other??
Hey guys is there anybody has edexcel gce math 2020 papers? I need all of them. If anyone gets them plz send me [email protected]:smile: I can find them nowhere...
Original post by cccxxxii
Hey guys is there anybody has edexcel gce math 2020 papers? I need all of them. If anyone gets them plz send me :smile: I can find them nowhere...

Hiya! The papers are still locked for another few months so nobody but teachers should have access to them :smile:
(Edit: typo)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 349
I have the A-Levels Maths and Further Maths 2019 papers (edexcel) if anyone wants them.
Reply 350
Original post by S0FT
I have the A-Levels Maths and Further Maths 2019 papers (edexcel) if anyone wants them.

yess please
Original post by S0FT

Send the 2019 through, I reckon it’ll be good practice.
The 2019 papers are still technically locked! :smile:
Original post by laurawatt
The 2019 papers are still technically locked! :smile:

Are they? Bruh, nvm then :s

Are they going to be used for mocks? I thought it was 2020 ones
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Are they? Bruh, nvm then :s

Are they going to be used for mocks? I thought it was 2020 ones

Yeah think they’re locked until April or something? Because there wasn’t a summer exam series last year

(there’s YouTube videos going through all the edexcel maths 2019 papers on YouTube with links to the paper and MS though so they’re not really ‘hidden’ but they’re meant to be)

I guess they could be used for mocks, but I would think they would use 2020 or a combination of both? :dontknow:
Original post by laurawatt
Yeah think they’re locked until April or something? Because there wasn’t a summer exam series last year

(there’s YouTube videos going through all the edexcel maths 2019 papers on YouTube with links to the paper and MS though so they’re not really ‘hidden’ but they’re meant to be)

I guess they could be used for mocks, but I would think they would use 2020 or a combination of both? :dontknow:

Essssh, alright thanks :smile:
Reply 356
Original post by S0FT

yes pleaseeeeeee
Reply 357
I cannot upload files exceeding 1.35mb - I will create a mega link at some point this week-end.
Reply 358
Original post by S0FT
I cannot upload files exceeding 1.35mb - I will create a mega link at some point this week-end.

okay thanks
Been a while since I posted a question :biggrin:
If you guys want to attempt this question (from a soloman paper) please do & send them here :smile:

13F9DF72-C17F-4F34-A91C-366495FCB880.jpg.jpeg

Quick Reply

Latest