The Student Room Group

Access to nursing course

Hi guys. I’m new to this, I’m starting my access course in September. I’m so nervous what can I do to help me get through?
Reply 1
Hi,
I’ve been doing an access to healthcare course (most students on my course are going on to do nursing). I’d recommend getting a GCSE biology book and going through that over the summer. My GCSEs were 20 years ago and my memory of topics were rubbish. Our course built on topics covered at GCSE so I was having to go back over GCSE content to understand the level 3 content.
Good Luck!
Reply 2
are you working and stranded on how you can complete your assignments and exams? I'm here to guide and help you achieve high grades. kindly reply for a guidance on how it can be done. thanks
Reply 3
Original post by isilbell
Hi,
I’ve been doing an access to healthcare course (most students on my course are going on to do nursing). I’d recommend getting a GCSE biology book and going through that over the summer. My GCSEs were 20 years ago and my memory of topics were rubbish. Our course built on topics covered at GCSE so I was having to go back over GCSE content to understand the level 3 content.
Good Luck!

Hi there,
thankyou so much for your help
Reply 4
Original post by BABYCAKES1996!
Hi there,
thankyou so much for your help

You’re welcome! It’s been a really intense and busy academic year but I feel really well prepared for uni. Good luck!
Reply 5
I did my access to health care professional in 2020/21 I also did gcse Maths and English and functional skills maths and English.

I was 50 years old when I passed everything with distinctions.

You have nothing to be worried about. I hadn't been in education for 30 years. As a mature student your more determined to succeed.

I'm doing masters in dual registration in Adult and Mental health nursing.

Make sure you keep onto of your assignments and do a study programme so your not rushing at the end.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending