The Student Room Group

[LGBTQ+ Help] Need a term to describe my sexual orientation

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this. Will remove if this is the wrong place.

Below are how I describe myself:
- Biologically female
- Not sure about own gender identity
- I like to be perceived as strong, tough, conforming to male stereotypes
- I often imaging being in a male body
- I don't hate being in a female body, and I feel fine that my legal ID cards say I'm a female.
- Just thinking about traditional sex disgusts me, but it can be caused by coming from a conservative background.
- In my sexual fantasies, I'm always male. I may **** a male, **** a female, or be ****ed by a male, but never ****ed by a female.

Any help is appreciated.
Reply 1
When you say imagine being in 'a male body', as in you just think about what such a thing would be like or do you idealise it?
Reply 2
Original post by Napp
When you say imagine being in 'a male body', as in you just think about what such a thing would be like or do you idealise it?

I'm not sure about the difference. Can you give an example? I'm like just fantasying being a male and doing stuff including daily life, fighting, and sexual intercourse.
Original post by lxf03
Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this. Will remove if this is the wrong place.

Below are how I describe myself:
- Biologically female
- Not sure about own gender identity
- I like to be perceived as strong, tough, conforming to male stereotypes
- I often imaging being in a male body
- I don't hate being in a female body, and I feel fine that my legal ID cards say I'm a female.
- Just thinking about traditional sex disgusts me, but it can be caused by coming from a conservative background.
- In my sexual fantasies, I'm always male. I may **** a male, **** a female, or be ****ed by a male, but never ****ed by a female.

Any help is appreciated.

Labels never fit perfectly to any person's exact nuances. They're something you can play with change and invent as suits you. What pronouns do you use? Do you find it a positive or negative if strangers are confused by your presentation? Do the terms 'gender non binary' 'gender fluid' or 'a-gender' fit you? You could include 'butch', 'masculine', 'boy'. If your sexual interests include more than one gender you could consider bi- or pan- sexual. If you feel that your interest in physical sexual activity is lower than average, then demi-sexual is a possible label.
Any precise label can end up as simple as a word or a complicated as a book.
What does your sentence look like?
Reply 4
Original post by lxf03
I'm not sure about the difference. Can you give an example? I'm like just fantasying being a male and doing stuff including daily life, fighting, and sexual intercourse.

Well one is mere curiosity. Plenty of people have wondered what it would be like being someone else. The other is more you have a real wish to be that and think being, in this case, a man would be seriously preferable.
Aha i'm not sure there's anything particularly male about fighting but hey, why dont you take up a martial art? Less chance of getting scolded for it :lol:
If ur born a rmfemale ur a female
Reply 6
Original post by Napp
Well one is mere curiosity. Plenty of people have wondered what it would be like being someone else. The other is more you have a real wish to be that and think being, in this case, a man would be seriously preferable.
Aha i'm not sure there's anything particularly male about fighting but hey, why dont you take up a martial art? Less chance of getting scolded for it :lol:

I would say neither? It's just like little girls and boys fantasying themselves to be princesses or knights.
btw I'm planning to learn martial art this winter when I finish college application lol great suggestion!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending