The Student Room Group
Skippety Skip
I have a really sore back from sitting at my computer. I'm worried it could be long term because i still get sharp pains in my back when i've been away from my computer for a long time.

Does anyone else have this?

I get it sometimes
:frown:
Reply 2
nope :frown: go to the docs
Reply 3
no but I was having trouble breathing a moment ago. I blame sitting at my comp
Reply 4
lets all do some star jumps together
Reply 5
I think we can agree that computers are very bad for our health. :frown:
Reply 6
EVIL_BITCH

:biggrin: You're fun! I like you. :top:
Reply 7
EVIL_BITCH
Im nice and fit already :biggrin:
Reply 8
Skippety Skip
:biggrin: You're fun! I like you. :top:

hehe thanks - can i call you skippy? :cool: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 9
EVIL_BITCH
hehe thanks - can i call you skippy? :cool: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah, sure. :biggrin:
I get back pain... but it's because I'm tall and it runs in the family. Teach yourself some amateur chiropracty. My personal favourites are the "back stretch" where youpuch against your lower back with your palm sort of downwards until it makes a crunching sound, and the "door push" where you stand in a doorway with your back against one side and push as hard as you can with your hands against the other. You can realign 4 or 5 vertibrae with that one, on a good day. And it makes a nice crunching sound.
Reply 11
Toy Soldier
I get back pain... but it's because I'm tall and it runs in the family. Teach yourself some amateur chiropracty. My personal favourites are the "back stretch" where youpuch against your lower back with your palm sort of downwards until it makes a crunching sound, and the "door push" where you stand in a doorway with your back against one side and push as hard as you can with your hands against the other. You can realign 4 or 5 vertibrae with that one, on a good day. And it makes a nice crunching sound.

Heh, lovely. :smile:

I'll remember that thanks. :p:
Skippety Skip
I have a really sore back from sitting at my computer. I'm worried it could be long term because i still get sharp pains in my back when i've been away from my computer for a long time.

Oh no! Well try some back extensions, hopefully they will help. Morning is best. Find a nice, spacious area and sit a mat there, or do them on carpet.

Rest your body (stomach on ground) on one straight line and put both hands (facing down) under your chin. Lift your upper body section up from the ground and hold for one second.

Repeat 10 times. See how you go, and if you think you can do a few more, aim for 15 x. Do morning and night for general back maintenance.

Now when you use the computer, ensure that you're sitting upright and straight.

It's annoying, but really worth it!

Best of luck with recovering from your sore back!

Luv DB_x
Reply 13
Skippety Skip

Does anyone else have this?

go see your physio.
Reply 14
danni_bella83
Oh no! Well try some back extensions, hopefully they will help. Morning is best. Find a nice, spacious area and sit a mat there, or do them on carpet.

Rest your body (stomach on ground) on one straight line and put both hands (facing down) under your chin. Lift your upper body section up from the ground and hold for one second.

Repeat 10 times. See how you go, and if you think you can do a few more, aim for 15 x. Do morning and night for general back maintenance.

Now when you use the computer, ensure that you're sitting upright and straight.

It's annoying, but really worth it!

Best of luck with recovering from your sore back!

Luv DB_x

Awwww, Thanks. :biggrin:
Very sweet of you. :smile:
I have noticed that it gets worse when i slouch or dont lean back against the chair so i'll make sure i dont do it anymore.
Skippety Skip
Awwww, Thanks. :biggrin:
Very sweet of you. :smile:
I have noticed that it gets worse when i slouch or dont lean back against the chair so i'll make sure i dont do it anymore.

Hehe that's ok! I'm studying human physiology and anatomy at uni as part of my psych/biology degree anyway, so it's imperitive we know our stuff! :eek: Plus I find putting the knowledge I've learnt into practical use proves to be useful as well. So anytime time you have a sprain or something, well as Everdawn says the best thing for you to do is to see a physio, but you can ask me for advice too - like on how/+how long to stretch etc :smile:
Reply 16
Rarely i get a sore tail bone from not sittting properly.

Although, i cannot sit infront of a computer screen for more than 4 hours. I usually go for a hike or run around the track and then return to the computer.
canuck
Rarely i get a sore tail bone from not sittting properly.

Although, i cannot sit infront of a computer screen for more than 4 hours. I usually go for a hike or run around the track and then return to the computer.

Yeah, that's what I was gonna add as well. Good one canuck, yep it's also important you take breaks from the computer. Every hour or so is good (if ur on for more than one). Just take a break, because it won't only benefit your back, but your eyes and stuff too :cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending