The Student Room Group

Uppingham private school

Hi guys,

I will be coming to the school in September joining the lower sixth. Just wondering if anybody knew what it is like/anybody who goes there?
Reply 1
Original post by YGSK
Hi guys,

I will be coming to the school in September joining the lower sixth. Just wondering if anybody knew what it is like/anybody who goes there?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I am going into year 13 next year. If you have any questions, feel free to pm!😊
Reply 2
Original post by bpbxdrm
Hi, sorry for the late reply. I am going into year 13 next year. If you have any questions, feel free to pm!😊

Hey! I’m doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. If you did any of them options, how was it? Do they go at a fast pace? Do you have lots of homework? Are the teaChers nice?
Reply 3
Original post by YGSK
Hey! I’m doing maths, further maths, physics and chemistry. If you did any of them options, how was it? Do they go at a fast pace? Do you have lots of homework? Are the teaChers nice?

I am doing chemistry, maths(started off with further maths and dropped it afterwards) and Geography. Further Maths was taught at a fast pace and constantly gave out review assessments (about one every week, will need a retest if you get lower than 80(or70)%. Chemistry has good teachers and I quite enjoy my lessons (although there was one I didn’t enjoy as much), chemistry is at a normal pace.
I know two things about Uppingham -

1. Hugh Jackman was a PE teacher there.
2. I have a feeling that maybe they're really strict on make-up? I was at a hockey tournament and Uppingham rocked up and the girls were so heavily made up like it was night out - but to play hockey. I can only think it was because it was the only time they got to be away from school.
Original post by YGSK
Hi guys,

Hiya I know that by this point you probs not even at the school but I’m doing the entrance day next week and I’m really nervous. Is there anything that you could possibly tell me? about the sixth from exams or the interview, I would be eternally grateful if so x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending