The Student Room Group

Private schools

I go to a state high-school but want to apply to a private sixth form, i meet the requirements of one but not the other. is it worth applying to the ones which has higher requirements - they want an 8 in this subject but ive got a 7.
also, any tips on the interviews and personal statements?
like i learnt argand diagrams n stuff but idk how to mention it in my para ab maths - dont wna add too much info or be too brief?
also any general tips on sixth form in general.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by stella bloom
I go to a public high-school but want to apply to a private one, i meet the requirements of one but not the other. is it worth applying to the ones which has higher requirements - they want an 8 in this subject but ive got a 7.
also, any tips on the interviews and personal statements?
like i learnt argand diagrams n stuff but idk how to mention it in my para ab maths - dont wna add too much info or be too brief?
also any general tips on sixth form in general.

A public school is another name for a private school. Do you mean you go to a state school?

What year are you in now? If they want a grade 8 you'll need that ...
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
A public school is another name for a private school. Do you mean you go to a state school?

What year are you in now? If they want a grade 8 you'll need that ...

oh yh, i go to a state school
im in y11, all subjects are 8/9s with like a couple 7s
the subjects im appylign for are bio chem maths - im predicted 8, 7, 9
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 3
oh yh, i go to a state school
im in y11, all subjects are 8/9s with like a couple 7s
the subjects im appylign for are bio chem maths - im predicted 8, 7, 9

You do need your grades to match what they ask for.
Reply 4
hi, i go to a private school and it's really good especially because the teachers seem to be more helpful and 1 to 1 or tuition from ur teachers is more accessible. i suggest u go see the school first like open evening or a tour of the school and see if u like the school or not and based on that make ur decision! i still think 9,8,7 is really good, is it preferred or the overall entry requirement.
Reply 5
Original post by gsimrun
hi, i go to a private school and it's really good especially because the teachers seem to be more helpful and 1 to 1 or tuition from ur teachers is more accessible. i suggest u go see the school first like open evening or a tour of the school and see if u like the school or not and based on that make ur decision! i still think 9,8,7 is really good, is it preferred or the overall entry requirement.

I've been to an open evening n i do like it
it's an entry requirement

I can still try for the second sixth form but a bit stressed ab the intreview ngl
Reply 6
Original post by gsimrun
hi, i go to a private school and it's really good especially because the teachers seem to be more helpful and 1 to 1 or tuition from ur teachers is more accessible.

You can get all that for free at a state school and the teaching can be better. Teachers don't need qualifications to teach in a private school.
Reply 7
i wasn't talking to you i don't need your input sorry. also i was literally giving the person my point of view of a private school nothing involved with you. have u ever been to a private school muttely?????
Reply 8
I've been to an open evening n i do like it
it's an entry requirement

I can still try for the second sixth form but a bit stressed ab the intreview ngl

don't worry about the interview!! they are only going to ask you questions like why you're interested in going there and what sort of things you're interested in e.g. sports, music or drama. they may go through ur a level options and what results you're aiming and achieving. i strongly suggest you go to the sixth form private school u like x
Reply 9
Original post by gsimrun
don't worry about the interview!! they are only going to ask you questions like why you're interested in going there and what sort of things you're interested in e.g. sports, music or drama. they may go through ur a level options and what results you're aiming and achieving. i strongly suggest you go to the sixth form private school u like x

yh i do want to go there, the atmosphere just feels so diff to other sixth forms! on the open evening the teacher said they might ask me ab a random gcse topic eg the heart in biology n ask me to explain it.. I'm scared what if i go blank and forget 😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending