The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd tell my family straight away. I'd tell my Dad he wouldn't have to work anymore if he didn't want to, and I'd buy my parents a house and stuff.

I'm not sure who else I'd tell though. It might become obvious when I buy myself a mansion in the countryside...
Reply 21
Lottery, that's just a tax on the poor and the thick ain't it?

Thanks Ricky Jervais.
Reply 22
I wouldn't tell anyone. You tell one person, and eventually everyone ends up knowing!
piece_by_piece
I'd tell my family, and four people I love. I'd buy each person one thing they really want (money is no objection), then move to London.

I bet a large hcunk of people who live in London woudl LEAVE London if they had come into a bit of money.
Reply 24
MSB
I wouldn't tell anyone, but they'd probably wonder where the sports car came from.

Ditto. And probably also why I was having a housewarming party in a Castle.

PointeShoes-x
I was wondering this because my Dad bought a ticket for the Euro millions this week, and said that if he won he wouldn't tell me or my brother because then we'd have no incentive to try hard at school/college/university because we'd know we'd never really need a job.

Equally though, perhaps you've chosen your course in life out of the (understandable) need or want to have money. If I knew I was going to be copiously wealthy for the rest of my life, I'd probably do things rather differently.

Just getting through uni hardly matters in the end, so I think it's a bit of a strange object for your Dad to have...
Reply 25
Clubber Lang
I bet a large hcunk of people who live in London woudl LEAVE London if they had come into a bit of money.

I'd do both: town house for the season, and a country house for the rest of the time.

That's the way to be properly wealthy.
Reply 26
ununpentium
I'd tell my family straight away. I'd tell my Dad he wouldn't have to work anymore if he didn't want to, and I'd buy my parents a house and stuff.

I'm not sure who else I'd tell though. It might become obvious when I buy myself a mansion in the countryside...

I'm not a big fan of mansions personally I would rather have a home of more modest proportions
L i b

Equally though, perhaps you've chosen your course in life out of the (understandable) need or want to have money. If I knew I was going to be copiously wealthy for the rest of my life, I'd probably do things rather differently.

Just getting through uni hardly matters in the end, so I think it's a bit of a strange object for your Dad to have...

Hmm yes, I suppose so, but I think he's worried that I'd just get lazy and decide to rely on his money for the rest of my life and not work at all. Not that I would, but that's probably his concern. He said that he knew someone a bit like this at uni and it screwed him up (not sure of the details).
Reply 28
Clubber Lang

I came into a bit of money once. Nothing as drastic as leaving London, I just didn't have any tissues around.
Reply 29
when my student finances came through last year i told pretty much everyone! and now im totally broke! its kinda embrassing!
so ive learnt my lesson when they come through im not telling anybody except my mommy! oh n im not gona go crazy this time!

if i won the lottery i would share with close family, but hopefully i'll be one of them ppl and carry on with my degree... and be same old me lol x

Latest

Trending

Trending