The Student Room Group

Is it okay to ask for a % of your partners OF earnings?

Say for instance you are in a relationship. You have been with said person for many years and all of a sudden she decides that she wants to do only fans. She discusses it with you and you tell her you wouldn’t be 100% comfortable with it because it’s not your thing, however in order for it to be ‘acceptable’ in the relationship, you state you would want a % of what is earnt. I’m not talking like 50% or over that, I’m talking like 10-20%. What’s your opinion on this? In all honesty I think if you meet someone who then starts an only fans later in the relationship, you tell them you’re not comfortable but they still wna to do it, i think it’s a totally justified compromise. What’s all your opinions?
Reply 1
that's what pimps do, mate. pimps take 20% of their sex workers' income. only in this case you're not even finding her clients.
Are you appearing in the videos? Or doing the filming/lighting/editing? If not I can't see how you'd be entitled to any of the earnings.

The fact that you are telling her what kind of work is or isn't acceptable in the first place isn't great, the fact that you're saying it's only acceptable if you get some of the money is really not a good look.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Say for instance you are in a relationship. You have been with said person for many years and all of a sudden she decides that she wants to do only fans. She discusses it with you and you tell her you wouldn’t be 100% comfortable with it because it’s not your thing, however in order for it to be ‘acceptable’ in the relationship, you state you would want a % of what is earnt. I’m not talking like 50% or over that, I’m talking like 10-20%. What’s your opinion on this? In all honesty I think if you meet someone who then starts an only fans later in the relationship, you tell them you’re not comfortable but they still wna to do it, i think it’s a totally justified compromise. What’s all your opinions?

I will just state guys, this isn’t actually happening to me aha, just a discussion me and friends have been having.

Na mate don’t gold dig we here do 50/50
You sound like a first class pimp!!
Reply 6
Either you’re OK with it or you aren’t. Money shouldn’t come into it!
Short answer, no.

So long as you're covering shared bills between you, any income over and above that is the business of the person earning it.
Jerk move, if money/profit can somehow make you ok with something you claim you are uncomfortable with in a romantic relationship, how can you claim to have self respect? :confused:
Andrew Tate said he would expect a large percentage of the earnings as his partner would be selling his product.
Original post by Mohammed_80
Na mate don’t gold dig we here do 50/50

Why would you be entitled to 50%? Would you expect 50% of the earnings of your partner for any job or just in this instance?
Andrew Tate said he would expect a large percentage of the earnings as his partner would be selling his product.

Why would you be entitled to 50%? Would you expect 50% of the earnings of your partner for any job or just in this instance?

Na mate me and my partner contribute 50/50 to everything I didn’t say I’m entitled to 50% of her earnings.

The fact he refers to women as his property should tell you all you need to know here.

Y'know, and the rape charges.
Nope. That's her income. If you have an agreement to put a certain amount of both your earnings into a joint account for groceries, bills, etc then that is fair, but outright asking for a % of her income isn't. In that aspect it should be treated the same as any other job.

If you aren't comfortable with your partner doing sex work then money isn't going to make it any less uncomfortable.
(edited 8 months ago)

You probably won't like what you 're about to read next but here it is, the harsh truth here IMO is that you need to find a new partner. No amount of money will replace the loss of privacy and dignity in this so called "relationship". You are having what strangers can have for £5.99. No I'm not saying a partners value is only sexual, but if the most intimate part of the "relationship" is for sale everything else is built on weak foundations no two ways about it. And before the "you're insecure" Just knowing EXACTLY what you want is the most secure you can be.

Do not even entertain this, he/she says " I'm starting OF" you say " You either stay with me or start OF" and then let them make the choice.

Let's really tackle this, If they are doing it for money then making ends meet is the issue and if their final solution is OF then it tells you a lot about what they are like with other problems in life. Ask your self "If he/she wasn't already my partner would I begin a relationship today with them knowing they have an OF" and the immediate gut instinct is your answer. You mustn't justify their actions or choices , let them make their own life decisions and see if that is compatible with the life you're trying to build.
Reply 14
Andrew Tate, is that you? what are you doing on TSR
Big fat no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending