The Student Room Group

Can you guys give me advice about sewing?

Hey guys! I hope you’re all good. I bought a sewing machine recently and I’ve realised that the foot is damaged. Bearing Covid in mind as well as money, can you guys give me advice on whether you think I should try to replace the individual foot or buy a whole new sewing machine? Thanks for your help in advance x
Reply 1
Original post by Ali-liyyah
Hey guys! I hope you’re all good. I bought a sewing machine recently and I’ve realised that the foot is damaged. Bearing Covid in mind as well as money, can you guys give me advice on whether you think I should try to replace the individual foot or buy a whole new sewing machine? Thanks for your help in advance x

Is there any way you could repair the foot? They tend to be pretty simple mechanisms, so depending on what is wrong with it you might be able to patch it up yourself. If not, can you return the machine and get a non-faulty replacement?

When my sewing machine foot broke my options were to fix it myself or buy a new one - the machine would have been too expensive to replace outright. However, had it been a cheaper machine that I couldn't fix, I'd have probably just bought a new one to have the insurance of being able to return it if that one turned out to be faulty too.

Quick Reply

Latest