The Student Room Group

Fashion Design Student Help

Hi there
I am going to study fashion design at university this year but my head has been full of concerns and worries.
I will be 22 when I start my course and I am worried that I will not perform well due to my age and also that I studied btec. I know it is a small age gap between me and my younger classmates. I would like advice for this course as I know that it is very creative and demanding.
Additionally, I wondered if I needed to buy myself a new sewing machine for when I am going to uni.
i don't know about the fashion design course, but on the social side of university life, i would connect well with people :smile:
did someone from the university say you need to bring a sewing machine?
Reply 2
Original post by beautifulworld
i don't know about the fashion design course, but on the social side of university life, i would connect well with people :smile:
did someone from the university say you need to bring a sewing machine?

no it wasn’t mentioned but I was just concerned
What university are you going to? Most Universities will provide the equipment you need on campus (such as sewing machines) and I'd only assume you will have access to their facilities outside of your normal teaching hours to use this equipment, have you asked them this at all?

There are a range of different ages that start University every year and I don't imagine your age will be a factor in determining your performance, what is important is that you're putting the work in, have a willingness to learn and are enjoying the course. As for studying BTEC, many creative courses have students who take this route, you've been offered a place so the University must see potential in your work! Perhaps it's worth seeing what they offer in terms of social events for Fresher's which might help the transition slightly easier for you.

Hope this helps!
Original post by ADTRgirlxo
no it wasn’t mentioned but I was just concerned

i would wait until i am certain i need a sewing machine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending