The Student Room Group

A-level Textiles

I'm thinking of chosing A level textiles but am wondering if the examiners care about SPaG. Also how much content is it, how good do you have to be at sewing and what are they looking for in a sketch book for applications?
Original post by CranberriesNotMe
I'm thinking of chosing A level textiles but am wondering if the examiners care about SPaG. Also how much content is it, how good do you have to be at sewing and what are they looking for in a sketch book for applications?

With most A-levels, examiners do not specifically SPaG but your work needs to be readable. I do not know how much content it is or how good you have to be at sewing. I would have a look at the specifications for the exam boards you think you may do.
Also, I changed the thread title so you hopefully get some more helpful answers than I can give.
Reply 3
Original post by CranberriesNotMe

hi i’m currently in year 2 of my a levels doing textiles as one! for the written work it is a brief (500 words on what you plan on doing at the beginning) and an extended evaluation (1000-3000 at the end on what you would change and your focus throughout etc.) for both though spag is not a deal breaker they’re looking at your evaluation and your process more than your writing and you can include photos of your process to boost this if you’re in confident in your essay !! as well as this teachers can allow you drafts for your written work so they will assist you . for the sewing etc. it’s more about your exploration and references than it is the quality of your work as in you would do better for marks to have 3 different textiles mediums done to an okay or lower standard than have included 1 medium of a really high standard if that makes sense ? xx
Reply 4
Original post by EvieA3843

hi i’m currently in year 2 of my a levels doing textiles as one! for the written work it is a brief (500 words on what you plan on doing at the beginning) and an extended evaluation (1000-3000 at the end on what you would change and your focus throughout etc.) for both though spag is not a deal breaker they’re looking at your evaluation and your process more than your writing and you can include photos of your process to boost this if you’re in confident in your essay !! as well as this teachers can allow you drafts for your written work so they will assist you . for the sewing etc. it’s more about your exploration and references than it is the quality of your work as in you would do better for marks to have 3 different textiles mediums done to an okay or lower standard than have included 1 medium of a really high standard if that makes sense ? xx

not confident sorry **
Original post by EvieA3843

Thank you xx

Quick Reply

Latest