The Student Room Group

Masters and PGCE dates overlapping, not allowed for student finance

I’m currently doing a masters, with a place to start a PGCE in September. I’ve been told by my PGCE provider there may be issues with student finance and so contacted them, and apparently if the masters end date overlaps with the PGCE start date I can’t get student finance. Is there a way round this? Why is it not allowed? My final deadline is before the course starts, but I don’t get results for a month after that so the course hasn’t technically ended.
I don't know why, but they won't "double fund" even though it's just waiting for your results. If the uni wont amend your end date, you can only pick a later PGCE start date, some PGCEs do January starts.
Original post by alicemg
I’m currently doing a masters, with a place to start a PGCE in September. I’ve been told by my PGCE provider there may be issues with student finance and so contacted them, and apparently if the masters end date overlaps with the PGCE start date I can’t get student finance. Is there a way round this? Why is it not allowed? My final deadline is before the course starts, but I don’t get results for a month after that so the course hasn’t technically ended.
Are you study both courses at the same university, or a different one?
Reply 3
Original post by 04MR17
Are you study both courses at the same university, or a different one?

@04MR17 hiya. does it help or hurt if both courses are at the same university ? Thanks
Original post by effyaa
@04MR17 hiya. does it help or hurt if both courses are at the same university ? Thanks

It helps because it's only 1 institution that you need to handle rather than 2. If you have a question please do start a thread and I'll help you as best I can. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending