The Student Room Group

Masters funding

I did a foundation year then a 3 year Biomed degree, will I be able to get student finance for a PGCE? Or is there a limit on how many years you can get student finance for?
Thanks ☺️
Original post by Biofanatic24
I did a foundation year then a 3 year Biomed degree, will I be able to get student finance for a PGCE? Or is there a limit on how many years you can get student finance for?
Thanks ☺️

Hi there,
How many years would your PGCE course be? Do you hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)? Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
How many years would your PGCE course be? Do you hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)? Thanks, Ross

Hi,
It would be a one year PGCE, I have no other teacher’s qualifications just a bachelors 🙂
Thanks ☺️

Hi there,

Can you confirm the full name of the course, what university you will attend and the duration of the course? Can you confirm if you have Qualified Teacher Status?

Thanks, Drew
Reply 4
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,

Can you confirm the full name of the course, what university you will attend and the duration of the course? Can you confirm if you have Qualified Teacher Status?

Thanks, Drew

Hi, I’m afraid I don’t know any of these details yet. I only just graduated from my bachelors but I would be applying for initial teacher training/ secondary PGCE in biology
Hi, I’m afraid I don’t know any of these details yet. I only just graduated from my bachelors but I would be applying for initial teacher training/ secondary PGCE in biology

Hi there,

If your course is 2 years or less, it is a PGCE and you do not have Qualified Teacher Status then you would be eligible for funding. Once you know the course details you can let us know so we can check the course and then give you a definitive answer.

Thanks, Drew

Hi there. PCGE courses less than 2 years are eligible to received funding, even if you already hold a degree. The course must lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and you don't already hold QTS.

To give the most accurate information on the funding we need the course and university details, to make sure it is funded.

Thanks, Leah.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending