The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

MSc Conversion Psychology 2023-24

Hi
I'm starting above course in Sep and full time. Has anyone studied this in last few years and has idea of workload and reading list from previous years?
Ta!
Lydia
Reply 1
Original post by lsearle2023
Hi
I'm starting above course in Sep and full time. Has anyone studied this in last few years and has idea of workload and reading list from previous years?
Ta!
Lydia

Just incase not clear in title its the psychology conversion degree at QUB :smile:
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi Lydia,

I’m actually going to be staring the conversion course this year (though I’m a part-timer!) - from my understanding, I believe on a teams call we had in May, there was a previous student who said it was fairly full on but he was able to work 2 days a week while studying. I believe we’ll be doing most of the undergraduate assignments but at a masters level (so larger word counts and such - I think they said something about the masters student finding undergrad essays too easy lol). Hopefully this thread gets us an answer about reading lists though!

- Josh
Hello,

First, sorry to hijack the thread.

Second, would either of you mind disclosing your undergraduate degrees? I ask because I'm applying for 2024 entry and was curious to know what degrees have been accepted as mine is in the humanities. I also have a PGCE in further education and training.

Congratulations to you both and I hope you enjoy the course!

Best,

Marie.
Hi Marie

I completed my MSc Psychology (conversion) a year or two ago, the key thing usually is to have a good degree, some Universities want at least a 2:1 and the whole point of a conversion course is that it is a new subject for you. Humanities is a natural fit I would say. I had a 1st BA (Hons) in Sociology beforehand and that helped in terms of the research methods unit and dissertation etc.

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hello,

First, sorry to hijack the thread.

Second, would either of you mind disclosing your undergraduate degrees? I ask because I'm applying for 2024 entry and was curious to know what degrees have been accepted as mine is in the humanities. I also have a PGCE in further education and training.

Congratulations to you both and I hope you enjoy the course!

Best,

Marie.

Hi Marie,

I know this message comes really late and may not be useful, but I to am applying for 2024 entry to QUB for the Psychology conversion and hoping to accept a place!

I have a similar background to yourself: an undergrad in Theology and Religious Studies with Counselling and a PGCE for Secondary RE so am hoping there will be some overlap especially with educational psychology.

I plan to try and get some beginners text books as I think we do a lot of the same as the undergraduate degree to try and get ahead or have some understanding of what is going to happen!

Holly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending