The Student Room Group

pgce after biomedical science course

I am going to graduate with a biomedical science degree mid 2024. I would like to do a PGCE after this and I am from London. I want to do my PGCE in another city (thinking maybe Manchester or Birmingham) and i was wondering if they help you with finances for living out for a PGCE. And how finances work in general for a PGCE.
Hi, I can't answer your question but I'd be keen to hear answers too.

I also did BMS and went for Master's and PhD too. Then worked for several years in industry and am now considering going into teaching.
Original post by itsanon
I am going to graduate with a biomedical science degree mid 2024. I would like to do a PGCE after this and I am from London. I want to do my PGCE in another city (thinking maybe Manchester or Birmingham) and i was wondering if they help you with finances for living out for a PGCE. And how finances work in general for a PGCE.

Hello @itsanon

Student finance is available to those who are applying for and are offered places on a course that will lead to QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) In addition to support with fees and maintenance, if eligible and applicable, you can access childcare support, adult dependent or disabled student grants. Further, you can apply for a council and income tax rebate.

If you are looking to teach a STEM related subject, there is likely to also be a bursary, that you'd be given on receipt of a place on a teacher training course.

All of the applicable courses are listed here - https://www.gov.uk/find-postgraduate-teacher-training-courses

It's likely that if you'd like to apply for a teacher training course, that you'd find the support of a Get into Teaching adviser useful.

Wishing you all the best, Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending