The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yoyomad8
Wait no I meant if I get the predicted grades but I later don’t meet them. And this is very possible for it to happen as many students receive a 41 on ib predicted grades and end up getting like a 35. But let’s say as an international student I apply to sgul and kcl. If I receive a conditional offer based on predicted grades I know I won’t achieve and later my results come out and I’m 2-3 points short. Will unis pull out their offer or could I possibly still be admitted ?

Thank you

KA_P is right, but to add on, your offer conditions are not based on predicted grades in medicine, rather they are the same for everyone (non-contextual). So if the requirements listed on the website are AAA, this will be your offer conditions, regardless of whether you’re predicted AAA or A*A*A*. On results day, your predicted grades don’t matter, it’s whether you meet the offer conditions that matter. But again yo are very very unlikely to still get a place if you miss the offer conditions. Hope that makes sense!
Original post by bea_murray0
KA_P is right, but to add on, your offer conditions are not based on predicted grades in medicine, rather they are the same for everyone (non-contextual). So if the requirements listed on the website are AAA, this will be your offer conditions, regardless of whether you’re predicted AAA or A*A*A*. On results day, your predicted grades don’t matter, it’s whether you meet the offer conditions that matter. But again yo are very very unlikely to still get a place if you miss the offer conditions. Hope that makes sense!

:hugs:
@becausethenight @GANFYD
Thank you for all your invaluable help on tsr, us med applicants would have been totally lost with you, you all will be missed and TSR will not be the same. :cry:I’m going to download reddit, hope to see you around
Thanks again for all your hard work over these years :hugs:
Is doing a MOOC worth it for a medicine application? I quite want to but I feel it is added pressure on top of BMAT revision and an EPQ that needs finishing.:s-smilie:
Original post by GANFYD
You guys all need to show some love and appreciation for this guy, who has been the heart and soul of the medicine threads for years, working tirelessly to help and support people with their applications. This forum will be a much poorer place without him, and I personally am taking a hiatus whilst I decide if I wish to continue somewhere that does not support and celebrate the kindness, knowledge and hard work he has put in over the years.
I may well join him on reddit, so you know where to find us, if you have questions :hugs:

Best of luck in the future. You, BTN and ecolier are the only reasons I can say I’m a med student.

Thanks for all of your help

R:smile:
Original post by GANFYD
You guys all need to show some love and appreciation for this guy, who has been the heart and soul of the medicine threads for years, working tirelessly to help and support people with their applications. This forum will be a much poorer place without him, and I personally am taking a hiatus whilst I decide if I wish to continue somewhere that does not support and celebrate the kindness, knowledge and hard work he has put in over the years.
I may well join him on reddit, so you know where to find us, if you have questions :hugs:

I can’t thank you all enough for your help and support. I’m sure I speak for everyone that the advice is first class and is given with good humour grace and sympathy too. A huge thank you for all your support and advice.
So people need to decide if they are just going to accept the loss of ecolier and BTN and move on, in a much less informed and poorer TSR world, or whether they think it is worth the time to lobby the Community Staff to try and persuade them to stay?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/help/ask-the-community-team
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by GANFYD
So people need to decide if they are just going to accept the loss of ecolier and BTN and move on, in a much less informed and poorer TSR world, or whether they think it is worth the time to lobby the Community Staff to try and persuade them to stay?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215

Can we persuade them to stay?
Original post by sharontL
Can we persuade them to stay?

It is not about the (vast majority) of the users here. But intervention from the TSR Community Staff may help. Question is, are people prepared to try?
(edited 1 year ago)
is it April fools today 😭😭😭
Better hope TSR George knows what he is talking about then!! :hugs:
Original post by sharontL
I can’t thank you all enough for your help and support. I’m sure I speak for everyone that the advice is first class and is given with good humour grace and sympathy too. A huge thank you for all your support and advice.

Original post by GANFYD

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/for...lay.php?f=1215

How do we lobby the community staff ? I will definitely be leaving TSR if this Medical Expertise is no longer there…Already on the other forum now…
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by HopefulHarry
How do we lobby the community staff ? I will definitely be leaving TSR if this Medical Expertise is no longer there…Already on the other forum now…

You need to start a thread in the forum I have linked, I believe
Original post by rw14_
Is doing a MOOC worth it for a medicine application? I quite want to but I feel it is added pressure on top of BMAT revision and an EPQ that needs finishing.:s-smilie:

It can be a good way to demonstrate wider reading, and you might be able to talk about it at interview or in your PS, but at the end of the day it’s not hugely important and BMAT and EPQ should come first.
Original post by GANFYD

Personally, I will be accepting the loss and trying to fill the void left as best I can (which is admittedly not going to be very well), and I’ll probably end up directing a lot of users to Reddit! I wouldn’t feel comfortable with trying to persuade others to stay since I know they already must feel a lot of pressure to stay, and I would rather them make decisions based off what is best for them rather than staying for the sake of others. Just my views on the matter :smile:
Personally, I will be accepting the loss and trying to fill the void left as best I can (which is admittedly not going to be very well), and I’ll probably end up directing a lot of users to Reddit! I wouldn’t feel comfortable with trying to persuade others to stay since I know they already must feel a lot of pressure to stay, and I would rather them make decisions based off what is best for them rather than staying for the sake of others. Just my views on the matter :smile:

BTN has mentioned in their post "It's been a privilege to support you so far and I wish I could continue to do so", so I feel the CS should look at what needs to be done to make that wish possible. This is not trying to persuade people to do something against their wishes, it is trying to make this an environment where experience and knowledgeable people feel they are welcome and valued.
Both ecolier and BTN are able to make up their own minds about what they want to do, but we all want to post in an environment where the work of volunteers is valued and respected, and the CS are the people with the power to ensure that is the situation, and everyone will benefit if it was
It can be a good way to demonstrate wider reading, and you might be able to talk about it at interview or in your PS, but at the end of the day it’s not hugely important and BMAT and EPQ should come first.

Okay, thanks. :smile:
Original post by GANFYD
BTN has mentioned in their post "It's been a privilege to support you so far and I wish I could continue to do so", so I feel the CS should look at what needs to be done to make that wish possible. This is not trying to persuade people to do something against their wishes, it is trying to make this an environment where experience and knowledgeable people feel they are welcome and valued.
Both ecolier and BTN are able to make up their own minds about what they want to do, but we all want to post in an environment where the work of volunteers is valued and respected, and the CS are the people with the power to ensure that is the situation, and everyone will benefit if it was

I agree, and I understood but I personally don’t feel comfortable with it. But I will be in contact with the CS team (once I’ve worked out what I want to say!) to discuss and enquire about related issues, because I do believe this is a serious matter.
Original post by GANFYD
It is not about the (vast majority) of the users here. But intervention from the TSR Community Staff may help. Question is, are people prepared to try?

im not even applying for medicine but i would like to help out
Original post by username54
im not even applying for medicine but i would like to help out

Thank you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending