The Student Room Group

Reforming medical negligence

I am in the process of completing a dissertation surrounding the law on breach of duty in medical negligence cases. As part of the essay, I must discuss potential reforms on the current law, and criticise those as well.

Some of my reforms include shifting the onus onto the defendant in certain situations, as well as potentially lowering the threshold of what it requires to prove breach - potentially introducing a panel whereby over 50% votes are required for a breach to be proven - with those voting limited to those in the medical field etc.

However, I am not sure on the merits of these and was wondering if anyone had any potential ideas as to reforming the current law?
Original post by undercover_help
I am in the process of completing a dissertation surrounding the law on breach of duty in medical negligence cases. As part of the essay, I must discuss potential reforms on the current law, and criticise those as well.

Some of my reforms include shifting the onus onto the defendant in certain situations, as well as potentially lowering the threshold of what it requires to prove breach - potentially introducing a panel whereby over 50% votes are required for a breach to be proven - with those voting limited to those in the medical field etc.

However, I am not sure on the merits of these and was wondering if anyone had any potential ideas as to reforming the current law?

I'm more familiar with the Irish legal system. I would look at how plaintiffs are allowed to claim against multiple different parties in the one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending