The Student Room Group

Is my singing voice good? be honest.

my links aren't working atm, idk why but just search up "Afterglow - Ed Sheeran Cover Grace Wilde" and will come up with a ceiling with a light.

Scroll to see replies

All of it is out of tune, some parts more than others, (particularly at 46 seconds onwards) so being brutally honest, no, it's not good. If you really enjoy singing, I would recommend getting a teacher who can help you improve. :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AzureWiggling
All of it is out of tune, some parts more than others, (particularly at 46 seconds onwards) so being brutally honest, no, it's not good. If you really enjoy singing, I would recommend getting a teacher who can help you improve. :smile:

it was my first time singing this song so i don't really know the words but yeah thanks for your advice. i need the criticism.
U might have some good vocals actually but the song choice wasnt good at all (:
Original post by Arwa65
U might have some good vocals actually but the song choice wasnt good at all (:

i guess...
Original post by gracieee16
i guess...

Justt keep it upp tho u do have a good singing voice
Original post by Arwa65
Justt keep it upp tho u do have a good singing voice

thank you. i usually sing like strong songs not like soft like this but yeah i guess i should try and sing a different song i suppose.
thank you. i usually sing like strong songs not like soft like this but yeah i guess i should try and sing a different song i suppose.

Looking forward for more covers then ((:
Girl! Your voice is so good! I wish I could have those vocals like you! Anyways! Keep up the good work and keep practicing! Who knows maybe one day you'd be famous or at least known! :yep::tongue:
Original post by Arwa65
Looking forward for more covers then ((:

thank you. i have been practicing since i was 7 lmao but idk if it's actually worked. i wish I had like an amazing voice and a unique one but I'm still practising yay.
Original post by rawrspamz
Girl! Your voice is so good! I wish I could have those vocals like you! Anyways! Keep up the good work and keep practicing! Who knows maybe one day you'd be famous or at least known! :yep::tongue:

awhhh, thank you. some nice feedback is always nice 💘💘💘. thank you so muchhh! this means so much to me. i don't think the song was good for me but i appreciate your kind words 🌸
Reply 11
Couldnt hear your voice over the guitar.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Couldnt hear your voice over the guitar.

sorry :frown: but when you turn it down a bit you can hear some but on the second verse you can't idk why i did that, oops.
I agree you have pretty good vocals but I think it was a poor song choice. Good luck though!
Original post by Figureitout12
I agree you have pretty good vocals but I think it was a poor song choice. Good luck though!

thanks (: i do agree with you. what sort of song would you think i should do a cover of next?
hiii, thank you! i actually need some teaching, yes. i would but it's covid :/ but i can wait... i have been practicing for years but i honestly have two other YouTube channels from like years ago and i sound much worse so i think practice helps but i need teaching haha.
thank you. i have been practicing since i was 7 lmao but idk if it's actually worked. i wish I had like an amazing voice and a unique one but I'm still practising yay.

Cmoonn give urself some credit
U gott the voicee u gott the talent u got it allll ✨✨
Reply 17
It's not too bad! Do like your vocal tone :smile:
Reply 18
my links aren't working atm, idk why but just search up "Afterglow - Ed Sheeran Cover Grace Wilde" and will come up with a ceiling with a light.

I think you should project your voice louder and use your chest voice, also try to practice pronunciation a bit better and make sure you can hear your voice more than the Guitar. I’ve been in a choir for 4 years but you still sing better than me. So good job you can actually sing though
it was my first time singing this song so i don't really know the words but yeah thanks for your advice. i need the criticism.

Not really sure why you chose this song. I think you have potential if you were to sing a different one?

Quick Reply

Latest