The Student Room Group

Microsoft word table split.

Hello,
Unsure if this is the right place to ask for help but I'm not getting any replies on Microsoft forums and I'd like to print this work out as it's due soon.

I'm accessing word (via Office 365) on a browser and not on my desktop (I don't have it installed there, as I use it for free through school).

I have created a table with 2 rows (the 2nd row contains a lot of information, while the 1st is just titles). When viewing the table everything seems alright and the rows are connected, however, when I go to the print preview or I download it as a pdf, the first row is on one page and the second row starts on a second page (despite the first row being extremely small and the second row definitely being able to fit on the same page).

Can anybody give any reasoning for why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by TheHistoryNerd_
Hello,
Unsure if this is the right place to ask for help but I'm not getting any replies on Microsoft forums and I'd like to print this work out as it's due soon.

I'm accessing word (via Office 365) on a browser and not on my desktop (I don't have it installed there, as I use it for free through school).

I have created a table with 2 rows (the 2nd row contains a lot of information, while the 1st is just titles). When viewing the table everything seems alright and the rows are connected, however, when I go to the print preview or I download it as a pdf, the first row is on one page and the second row starts on a second page (despite the first row being extremely small and the second row definitely being able to fit on the same page).

Can anybody give any reasoning for why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks. :smile:

Is it possible you can save the document as a .pdf file first and then view it in your browser?
Original post by 0le
Is it possible you can save the document as a .pdf file first and then view it in your browser?

When I save it as a pdf file I have the same problem in that the table splits in pdf view too. It all looks fine when editing but as soon as I look at the print preview or change it to a pdf the table breaks. Honestly, I guess i'll just have to stick it out. Appreciate the response though! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending