The Student Room Group

How to mark STEM subject Alevel papers fast

Does anyone have any advice on how to mark past papers for Alevel Biology and chemistry + maths more fast as sometimes I feel like marking the past papers takes longer than doing them (such as writing the corrections and totalling up marks etc. Thank you!
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by a298
Does anyone have any advice on how to mark past papers for Alevel Biology and chemistry more fast as sometimes I feel like marking the past papers takes longer than doing them (such as writing the corrections and totalling up marks etc. Thank you!

Unfortunately there is no way to speed up the marking process significantly. When marking papers what you need to do is make sure you added any key words and not copy the MS out word for word. If you got a question right don't spend your time copying out the MS for it. If you have the mark scheme easily accessible to you then you don't need to copy it down. If you ever want to look back at the question you can just look at the mark scheme. There is one way which is only useful if you are doing papers at home, which is opening the paper up in Microsoft Edge where you can type and draw on the paper this could help you save time.
Oh for sure. Self marking takes so much time.

As previous post, look at keywords and marking points, then move on
Reply 3
Original post by a298
Does anyone have any advice on how to mark past papers for Alevel Biology and chemistry more fast as sometimes I feel like marking the past papers takes longer than doing them (such as writing the corrections and totalling up marks etc. Thank you!

Firstly I would recommend taking the time to mark them properly as often it can be more important marking the paper than actually doing it. However, to speed things up, I would firstly go through and check all your final answers. Then you can assume all your working is correct and focus only on those questions you didn’t get right. Also finding model answers and videos can really speed marking up: For A Level Chem I can recommend https://www.youtube.com/@daviesa-levelchemistry1210 but I’m not sure about Bio.

Quick Reply

Latest