The Student Room Group

Notion: worth it or not?

I’ve heard a lot of people recommend Notion for making notes at university. I don’t know how good it is/what it offers, and what makes it so good?
It can often take a long time to set up and you often spend a long time making things pretty. But I think if you use it in the right way, fully understand how to use databases and interpret from them. I think it can be quite useful.
Reply 2
Original post by Jusnpablo71
It can often take a long time to set up and you often spend a long time making things pretty. But I think if you use it in the right way, fully understand how to use databases and interpret from them. I think it can be quite useful.

Thanks, that’s helpful!!
Original post by Bekahthegap
I’ve heard a lot of people recommend Notion for making notes at university. I don’t know how good it is/what it offers, and what makes it so good?
Hi there

There are many ways of making notes at University. I myself used notion throughout year 1 and year 2. I found it quite useful in getting my work organised very neatly and particularly it made locating material really convenient. However, this year I have decided to go back to using normal microsoft word and powerpoints as it is the format that notes are normally provided by the University.

I would recommend giving Notion a try if it interests you. If you are just stepping into University, it is good to try different ways of note taking and experiment to see what works best for you (and it could even be different for each module e.g. diagrams vs words). Everyone will work differently, and it is a good idea to see what works best for you. :smile:

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending