The Student Room Group

A Level Note Taking

Hi, I will be going into Year 12 in September and will be taking 4 A Levels - Chemistry, History, Geography, and either Biology or Politics. I have arthritis throughout my body, including in both wrists, so I have been using a laptop in school for the past 3 years, so I will obviously be taking notes digitally.

However, given the increased quantity of notes at A Level, I am unsure of which platform to use. I currently use Word for work however I don't think that continuing to use it will be sustainable. I talked to one of my teachers who suggested using OneNote, as my school uses MS 365, however I also have Notion and have heard that it is quite popular.

Just wondering if anybody else takes A Level notes digitally and if you have any recommendations I would be most grateful.

Thanks!
Original post by boxy123
Hi, I will be going into Year 12 in September and will be taking 4 A Levels - Chemistry, History, Geography, and either Biology or Politics. I have arthritis throughout my body, including in both wrists, so I have been using a laptop in school for the past 3 years, so I will obviously be taking notes digitally.

However, given the increased quantity of notes at A Level, I am unsure of which platform to use. I currently use Word for work however I don't think that continuing to use it will be sustainable. I talked to one of my teachers who suggested using OneNote, as my school uses MS 365, however I also have Notion and have heard that it is quite popular.

Just wondering if anybody else takes A Level notes digitally and if you have any recommendations I would be most grateful.

Thanks!

I write up all my notes on notion for Biology and Chemistry A Level using the toggle functions and I find this really useful when I'm about to revise all of the content for exams as I can test myself easily by hiding the answers. Notion is great for note taking in my opinion, so many ways to go about it!
Reply 2
Original post by cherryblossom27
I write up all my notes on notion for Biology and Chemistry A Level using the toggle functions and I find this really useful when I'm about to revise all of the content for exams as I can test myself easily by hiding the answers. Notion is great for note taking in my opinion, so many ways to go about it!

Thank you! I wasn't sure if Notion was the right choice, but I will probably use it now. :smile:
Original post by boxy123

Thanks!

Hi @boxy123,

Great to hear you’ve got some ideas already on note-taking! The best ways I take digital notes include using note-taking apps like Evernote, Microsoft OneNote, or Notion. You can also consider using cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox to store documents and notes. This is a great way to have your notes on hand if/when you need to produce presentations & assignments using either Microsoft or Google. Of course, It ultimately depends on your preferences and the level of organization and features you need.

Hope this helps,
Ellie

Quick Reply

Latest