The Student Room Group

Anonymous Sex Ed Experience Survey for 16-18yr Olds (UK)

Hello, I am conducting a study about sexual education in schools in the UK. I have created an online survey, linked below, to help gather data for this study. This survey is for 16-18 year olds living in the UK, and is completely anonymous. If you are 16-18 years old, please, if you are able, have a go at the survey below and hopefully we can use your thoughts to improve sexual education for young people in the future!If you are reading this and alas, you are not 16-18 years old, please share it to any young people you know, or alternatively just spread it as far as you can!Thank you so much for your help and support.

What is the purpose of this study?The purpose of this study is to gather the opinions of young people about sex, sexuality and sexual education, to try to help improve sexual education in the UK for the future. What is involved?This survey will ask you about your experiences with sexual education in school, as well as about your personal experiences and beliefs about sex and sexuality (eg: sexual/ gender identity, sexual activity, self-esteem, sexual worries). There are no right or wrong answers. This is all about sharing your opinion, whatever that may be. How long will this take to fill in? This survey might take you up to 30mins to fill in. There are lots of open text boxes but please don’t feel pressured to write a whole essay! If you have lots to say that is great and please write it down, if not, a few words are absolutely fine. You can skip any questions you do not understand or do not want to answer.What if I find these topics upsetting? Some of these questions are about very personal topics, so if you feel uncomfortable, you can skip any questions you like and you can leave the survey unfinished. Participation is completely voluntary. Everything you write in this form will be completely anonymous, so you cannot withdraw your data after you have finished the survey as that would jeopardise your anonymity.Who is doing this project?My name is Emily and I am a MRes Student in Sexuality and Gender Studies, at the University of Birmingham. This survey will contribute towards my thesis, the main research project for my degree. I will be sharing the project with the sexuality education organisation, Sexpression. If you have any queries, concerns or want to know more about the project, please contact me.
Original post by EmilyHarle
Hello, I am conducting a study about sexual education in schools in the UK. I have created an online survey, linked below, to help gather data for this study. This survey is for 16-18 year olds living in the UK, and is completely anonymous. If you are 16-18 years old, please, if you are able, have a go at the survey below and hopefully we can use your thoughts to improve sexual education for young people in the future!If you are reading this and alas, you are not 16-18 years old, please share it to any young people you know, or alternatively just spread it as far as you can!Thank you so much for your help and support.

What is the purpose of this study?The purpose of this study is to gather the opinions of young people about sex, sexuality and sexual education, to try to help improve sexual education in the UK for the future. What is involved?This survey will ask you about your experiences with sexual education in school, as well as about your personal experiences and beliefs about sex and sexuality (eg: sexual/ gender identity, sexual activity, self-esteem, sexual worries). There are no right or wrong answers. This is all about sharing your opinion, whatever that may be. How long will this take to fill in? This survey might take you up to 30mins to fill in. There are lots of open text boxes but please don’t feel pressured to write a whole essay! If you have lots to say that is great and please write it down, if not, a few words are absolutely fine. You can skip any questions you do not understand or do not want to answer.What if I find these topics upsetting? Some of these questions are about very personal topics, so if you feel uncomfortable, you can skip any questions you like and you can leave the survey unfinished. Participation is completely voluntary. Everything you write in this form will be completely anonymous, so you cannot withdraw your data after you have finished the survey as that would jeopardise your anonymity.Who is doing this project?My name is Emily and I am a MRes Student in Sexuality and Gender Studies, at the University of Birmingham. This survey will contribute towards my thesis, the main research project for my degree. I will be sharing the project with the sexuality education organisation, Sexpression. If you have any queries, concerns or want to know more about the project, please contact me.

I've completed the survey for you, definitely think that the current sex-ed curriculum needs work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending