The Student Room Group

Are these good enough grades for med school (igcse)

so I got my IGCSE results today and I racked up 988777665 and was wondering if they are good enough for med school?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Agh I hate names
so I got my IGCSE results today and I racked up 988777655 and was wondering if they are good enough for med school?

Yes, it should be as and it depends on which university you apply to, But UCAT and Alevels also play a big part. Welldone and goodluck with your medical journey :smile:
Original post by UserM09
Yes, it should be as and it depends on which university you apply to, But UCAT and Alevels also play a big part. Welldone and goodluck with your medical journey :smile:

Hi! are they good enough for russell group universities?
Reply 3
Hi! are they good enough for russell group universities?

https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/3060/uk-medical-school-entry-requirements-2024-entry.pdf

Have a look through this and you can pick out, which russel group universities you are interested in. It contains all medical schools! But it should be okay aslong as you score well in UCAT and the interviews and do well in Alevels!
Original post by UserM09
https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/3060/uk-medical-school-entry-requirements-2024-entry.pdf

Have a look through this and you can pick out, which russel group universities you are interested in. It contains all medical schools! But it should be okay aslong as you score well in UCAT and the interviews and do well in Alevels!

thank you!!!!
so I got my IGCSE results today and I racked up 988777655 and was wondering if they are good enough for med school?

Hi @Agh I hate names

Congratulations on your amazing results!!!

These are the GCSE requirements for LMS, which you might meet depending on which grades you got in English, Maths and science: Minimum score of 13 points from 8 subjects (A or A* or 7-9 = 2 points; B or 6 = 1 point). The 8 subjects must include Core & Additional Science (or Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Maths and English Language (grade B/6 or above). If Biology or Chemistry is not studied at A-level, then GCSE must be at least grade A/7

Good Luck!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi @Agh I hate names

Congratulations on your amazing results!!!

These are the GCSE requirements for LMS, which you might meet depending on which grades you got in English, Maths and science: Minimum score of 13 points from 8 subjects (A or A* or 7-9 = 2 points; B or 6 = 1 point). The 8 subjects must include Core & Additional Science (or Biology, Chemistry and Physics), Maths and English Language (grade B/6 or above). If Biology or Chemistry is not studied at A-level, then GCSE must be at least grade A/7

Good Luck!

Nellie (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

is this for medicine?
is this for medicine?

also I have questions about age.I see that requirement for med school is that 18 yrs old but when i graduate a lvl I will not yet be 18yrs old. Is there a way to still get into med school ?
Reply 8
also I have questions about age.I see that requirement for med school is that 18 yrs old but when i graduate a lvl I will not yet be 18yrs old. Is there a way to still get into med school ?

Why, what year are you born, if it is 2006 or 2007. It should be alright. If not personally contact the unis you want to apply for and give them your details and they will let you know. Aslong as your 18 before the end of August you should be okay
Original post by UserM09
Why, what year are you born, if it is 2006 or 2007. It should be alright. If not personally contact the unis you want to apply for and give them your details and they will let you know. Aslong as your 18 before the end of August you should be okay

I will still be 15 years old in y12 if you are asking.This means that if I finish 6 form I am still 16 going on to 17
(edited 8 months ago)
I will still be 15 years old in y12 if you are asking.This means that if I finish 6 form I am still 16 going on to 17

is that too young?
Reply 11
Yeah they are. Mostly depends on the Uni you want to go to and your A levels

quote=Agh I hate names;98747520]so I got my IGCSE results today and I racked up 988777655 and was wondering if they are good enough for med school?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending