The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

DPhil anthropology oxford 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Visualresource98
Hi everyone! congratulations of your offers!! I was wondering if anyone knows how to accept the offer? is it as simple as replying to the email and saying you accept? :smile:

Hi there! That's right :smile: Congrats!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 61
Original post by Bobbybrays00
Ahhhh I just received my offers to both the MSc and Mphil!!!! Omg! I screamed! Although I might reject the Mphil because I’m more focused on the MSc for now! Have hope guys!!!

That’s fantastic! Congratulations!
Do you mind if I private message you? I’d love to meet (virtually 😅) someone before getting there.
DPhil Anthropology - I received an offer at 1050am this morning. I actually screamed, I was very much expecting a rejection. I really hope your offers are on their way to you! Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by AfterTheRose
DPhil Anthropology - I received an offer at 1050am this morning. I actually screamed, I was very much expecting a rejection. I really hope your offers are on their way to you! Good luck!! :smile:

ohh damn... congratulations!!!!
nothing on this end
guess i can expect the dreaded rejection ;/

Omg! Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! How was the waiting!? Ahah can’t wait to meet you all!
Original post by Eli21
That’s fantastic! Congratulations!
Do you mind if I private message you? I’d love to meet (virtually 😅) someone before getting there.

Yes please! I’d love that actually! Congratulations on your offer! This is so exciting!
Reply 66

Congratulations!! Sooo exciting!!

Did you apply to the social or medical anthropology?
Reply 67
Original post by DeeDeems

@AfterTheRose yes and what is the first letter of your surname!! the day is not over so still trying to be hopefull...
DeeDeems have you heard anything yet?
Reply 68
Original post by beji
@AfterTheRose yes and what is the first letter of your surname!! the day is not over so still trying to be hopefull...
DeeDeems have you heard anything yet?

No yet. My surname starts with A🤣
Reply 69
No yet. My surname starts with A🤣

**** ..............:confused:

i'm still having some hopes because we didn't get rejected last night; on here i saw an applicant for the anthro msc get rejected the night before the offers were sent out.
Reply 70
Original post by beji
**** ..............:confused:

i'm still having some hopes because we didn't get rejected last night; on here i saw an applicant for the anthro msc get rejected the night before the offers were sent out.

Yes, also it’s been 1 day since upload button disappeared. I’ll give them a day or two.
Reply 71
Yes, also it’s been 1 day since upload button disappeared. I’ll give them a day or two.

For me it's been 2 days - it disapeared at the same time as @AfterTheRose's did.
Reply 72
Original post by beji
For me it's been 2 days - it dissapeared at the same time as @AfterTheRose's did.

I wouldn’t focus much on that. Everyone has a unique profile and matching students with advisors might take longer for some than others.

Also if it meant to be it will happened,, stressing out won’t change a thing .. just enjoy your day and forget about it

I know it’s easier said then done but try!🙏
Reply 73
I wouldn’t focus much on that. Everyone has a unique profile and matching students with advisors might take longer for some than others.

Also if it meant to be it will happened,, stressing out won’t change a thing .. just enjoy your day and forget about it

I know it’s easier said then done but try!🙏

thank you for your wise words! i will- let's be patient.
Original post by Bobbybrays00
Omg! Congratulations! I’m so happy for you! How was the waiting!? Ahah can’t wait to meet you all!

Deeply brutal, I haven't slept in days but it was a lovely surprise this morning! Still got to wait on funding, but hopefully see you there this autumn :smile:

I'm a social anthropologist and @beji my surname starts with a K.

There is still plenty of time for you both to get accepted, I am really rooting for you!
Reply 76
I'm a social anthropologist and @beji my surname starts with a K.

There is still plenty of time for you both to get accepted, I am really rooting for you!

still nothing.. but yeah, maybe, let's see... thank you :smile:
what did your email say? anything about colleges/funding/supervision?
Original post by beji
still nothing.. but yeah, maybe, let's see... thank you :smile:
what did your email say? anything about colleges/funding/supervision?

Don't count yourself out yet, its not over until the fat lady sings (rather annoyingly at 2am). I know the wait is excruiating but you've got this :smile:

Just a standard offer letter, lots of clauses and jargon. Nothing on colleges or funding yet but did get confirmation of supervision with the two supervisors I mentioned before, so I am chuffed with that.
Reply 78