The Student Room Group

Economics offers 2009

Scroll to see replies

Roundabout
E&M Oxford this year had a 6.26% offer rate. As in of 1166 applicants 73 were offered places.

Harvard was 7.1% last year. :tongue:

For comparison, Cambridge had a 15% acceptance rate for 2007 entry. I predict that it should be lower than that this year, though not as low as 6%.
Waheyyyy
Just realised; mine got processed the day after yours, maybe I'll get an offer tomorrow :tongue:

mine was 8th :P
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
A levels + gcses? if you don't mind :P but congrats

GCSE: 9A*s and an A
AS: AAAB (Maths, Economics, Computing, History)
A2: AB (in Computing and Maths)
predicted: AAAA in Maths, F.Maths, Economics and History.

good luck to everyone still waiting to hear :smile:
Reply 5263
becca-22x
Heyyy just got a couple more offers this week :smile:

St.Andrews - AAA
Warwick - AABB

Very happy now iv got all my offers!! Gotta make some choices now! eek :rolleyes:

You going to be firming Warwick or Durham btw?
Waheyyyy
Just realised; mine got processed the day after yours, maybe I'll get an offer tomorrow :tongue:

ooh I hope so! good luck :smile: although you do have oxford, I guess you're hoping to put Warwick as the insurance?
Reply 5265
crash209
ooh I hope so! good luck :smile: although you do have oxford, I guess you're hoping to put Warwick as the insurance?

Yep, would prefer to have Warwick insurance than Birmingham really.
Waheyyyy

Where are you firming / insurance-ing?

It's a tough choice!! :s-smilie:

I reckon I'll be firming Durham because I really like it there, and maybe putting Warwick as an insurance choice :smile:
Reply 5267
Waheyyyy

Waheyyy, mind if i ask your grades (gcse's too)/subjet combo?
Kinda strange that you have an Oxford offer and Notts rejection lol. Althought they do seem to be a bit random this year...
Waheyyyy

If you had been rejected by Oxford you'd be ******** your pants now wouldn't you? :tongue:
Reply 5269
Roundabout
If you had been rejected by Oxford you'd be ******** your pants now wouldn't you? :tongue:

You don't understand how much **** there would be in my pants, I am so thankful for that offer :tongue:
Reply 5270
becca-22x

I reckon I'll be firming Durham because I really like it there, and maybe putting Warwick as an insurance choice :smile:

Well if you've visited both and liked the feel of Durham more, than I'd definately go there. There is only one place between them in the League tables, so it just comes down to where you prefer really :smile:
Reply 5271
Haz313
Kinda strange that you have an Oxford offer and Notts rejection lol. Althought they do seem to be a bit random this year...

AAAA (Maths, Econ, Psy, Law).

3 A*, 5 A, 3 B.

Yep it's random, I guess they used GCSEs to discriminate this year; I'm certainly not the only one with an Oxbridge offer and Notts rejection.
becca-22x

I second what Waheyyyy said.

Though I do hope you won't get excited about becoming an I-Banker -- in that respect you would have shot yourself in the leg.
Reply 5273
Roundabout
I second what Waheyyyy said.

Though I do hope you won't get excited about becoming an I-Banker -- in that respect you would have shot yourself in the leg.

Still very possible from Durham though, to be fair. Might be marginally harder due to "target uni's" but Durham doesn't do too bad in terms of applicants/grad ratios. A LOT more people from Warwick apply for IB than people in Durham do too (maybe due to location, i dont know) so that might explain help explain some of the numbers.
Haz313

It isn't that strange really... I have a Cambridge offer and a Notts rejection too and there's loads of people in this thread with Oxbridge offers but UCL/Bristol/Notts rejections. I guess it just shows how competitive Economics is this year.
Reply 5275
somemightsay
It isn't that strange really... I have a Cambridge offer and a Notts rejection too and there's loads of people in this thread with Oxbridge offers but UCL/Bristol/Notts rejections. I guess it just shows how competitive Economics is this year.

You're actually right, the Nottingham thing isn't too surprising really. They accepted +30% more students than they wanted last year, so they have to make up for numbers somehow this year. I really don't get Bristol/UCL however :/
Haz313
You're actually right, the Nottingham thing isn't too surprising really. They accepted +30% more students than they wanted last year, so they have to make up for numbers somehow this year. I really don't get Bristol/UCL however :/

At the risk of being perdantic, it was 40% not 30%.
Reply 5277
Paulwhy
At the risk of being perdantic, it was 40% not 30%.

At the risk of being pedantic, its pedantic not perdantic.
Moogen
At the risk of being pedantic, its pedantic not perdantic.

Well that depends on what langauge is being used: English or Paulish. :biggrin:
Reply 5279
Paulwhy
Well that depends on what langauge is being used: English or Paulish. :biggrin:

Hehe fair play. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending