The Student Room Group

Biology A Level 2020 Exam Question

Hi, does anyone have the following question:

Draw phospholipids on figure 2 to show how the carrier protein, SGLT1, would fit into the cell surface membrane.

I think it is from the 2020 A Level paper, it is in the assessment material released today, but I don't have figure 2.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by izaakha

Draw phospholipids on figure 2 to show how the carrier protein, SGLT1, would fit into the cell surface membrane.

I think it is from the 2020 A Level paper, it is in the assessment material released today, but I don't have figure 2.

Can’t find it either. I’m guessing we just draw a carrier protein in a phospholipid bilayer.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by izaakha

Hi

For some reason I'm not able to access the material they released yesterday which is really annoying bc I want to revise obviously, how did you get yours?
Reply 3
Original post by Niamh-mcwey
Hi

For some reason I'm not able to access the material they released yesterday which is really annoying bc I want to revise obviously, how did you get yours?

Hi, they are here - https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/biology-7401-7402/assessment-resources.

They are near the bottom as word documents.
Reply 4
Original post by LAB03
Can’t find it either. I’m guessing we just draw a carrier protein in a phospholipid bilayer.

Hi, got my teacher to give me the figure. I have attached it
Original post by izaakha
Hi, they are here - https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/as-and-a-level/biology-7401-7402/assessment-resources.

They are near the bottom as word documents.

Thank you so much!
Reply 6
Hey, do you perhaps also have figure 1 as its not shown in the paper?
Reply 7
Original post by Ket_kek
Hey, do you perhaps also have figure 1 as its not shown in the paper?

Attached
Reply 8
Original post by izaakha
Attached

tysm!!
anyway you can get all mark scheme on here ?
Reply 10
Did anyone figure out where to actually draw the carrier protein in question 01.4? Im so confused like do I draw on the diagram(I don't know where that would fit tho) or beside the diagram?? 😩
Original post by Ket_kek
Did anyone figure out where to actually draw the carrier protein in question 01.4? Im so confused like do I draw on the diagram(I don't know where that would fit tho) or beside the diagram?? 😩

hey do you remember any other questions on that test. im sitting it soon and it would really help to know some of the questions.
Reply 12
Original post by Sabisaurus
hey do you remember any other questions on that test. im sitting it soon and it would really help to know some of the questions.

Hey! you can access all the questions on the aqa website. Its part of the 2021 assessment materials that was released
lol does anyone have the markscheme for the aqa bio paper ?
Does anyone know the answer for the q on biological molecules/cells aqa a level bio about Na+ moving out of cell by absorption ?
Not sure if it's 100% right but:Na moving out of cell creates a concentration gradient as the concentration of Na ions inside the cell is now lower than the concentration outside the cell. This allows Na ions from outside the cell to move in via co-transport along with glucose.*not sure how much detail you have to go into*
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by zoey101xo
lol does anyone have the markscheme for the aqa bio paper ?

I have the June 2020 paper 2 with the mark scheme. If you want it Dm me on instagram @sabsrus_
Original post by LAB03

You have to draw the phospholipids onto a diagram of the protein
Original post by Sabisaurus
I have the June 2020 paper 2 with the mark scheme. If you want it Dm me on instagram @sabsrus_

hey! i tried to look up ur insta and i cant find it

Quick Reply