The Student Room Group

Imat / med in italy 2023

Hi just wondering if now is too soon to begin light prep for the IMAT next September, considering i will have to learn physics content i haven't done since GCSE's. I'm really motivated to work hard and get into med school in Italy because i got ABB at alevel even though i thought i worked hard enough (clearly didn't), I'm also applying med via foundation courses this year but considering that route is so competitive I'm more adjusting to the fact i will probably have to study abroad. Also planning on applying to med schools in Romania and Georgia, although studying in Italy would be my first choice! Any general tips on IMAT would be appreciated. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi just wondering if now is too soon to begin light prep for the IMAT next September, considering i will have to learn physics content i haven't done since GCSE's. I'm really motivated to work hard and get into med school in Italy because i got ABB at alevel even though i thought i worked hard enough (clearly didn't), I'm also applying med via foundation courses this year but considering that route is so competitive I'm more adjusting to the fact i will probably have to study abroad. Also planning on applying to med schools in Romania and Georgia, although studying in Italy would be my first choice! Any general tips on IMAT would be appreciated. Thanks!

Shoudl also mention I'm Asian so i would be worried about diversity in Romania and such.
Also i didn't do A-level chemistry, i did Biology, English lit and History, Would this be a problem? Thanks
I'm not a medical student but I'm Italian and I have friends that are doing medicine in Italy so I know the test fairly well. The test has 4 sections: 20 questions about logical reasoning and general knowledge, 15 questions on Biology (which should be easy since you have done it at A-level), 15 Chem questions, and 10 between math and physics. Last year the lowest person that got in had a score of 43 and it was at the University of Messina (which is not a good uni tbf). The lowest one that got into a good uni got 46 in 2021 and 50 in 2020 ( the lowest person that got in in 2020 had a score of 46,9). My suggestion would be to do past papers and compare your result from each one with the lowest and average grades that got in in that year and see if you can realistically get in.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Hi, im in a similar position this year. Did you end up deciding to do the IMAT?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hii I’m a first year med student at humanitas, here’s my insta: giulia.martinelli and email: [email protected] , please dont hesitate to contact me for insights abt the uni :smile: I also created a google drive containing resources for the HUMAT, IMAT, HPAT and IMD exams, just text me and I’ll send the link

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending