The Student Room Group

References

Hi,

I worked in the covid period as an f3 doctor in a small dgh. They were happy with my work but a few people made comments on me getting paid locum (even though that was my job).

It’s now difficult to get references from that department as they are ignoring my emails and calls . I called management and the consultants said they would write a reference but are fobbing me off. It turned out to be a toxic environment but I can get a new post without reference over the last 12 months.

Any advice please
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I worked in the covid period as an f3 doctor in a small dgh. They were happy with my work but a few people made comments on me getting paid locum (even though that was my job).

It’s now difficult to get references from that department as they are ignoring my emails and calls . I called management and the consultants said they would write a reference but are fobbing me off. It turned out to be a toxic environment but I can get a new post without reference over the last 12 months.

Any advice please

Fobbing you off in what sense? Just not replying or actually saying they can't/won't do it?

Ultimately you need a reference, this is a very normal part of being an employee and not a special request. If it's dragged on for ages and you're getting nowhere, might be time to talk to a union rep/adviser?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending