The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Official annoying people in lectures thread

Idea behind this thread is that we log all the people in our lectures who annoy the heck out of us (with a valid reason). A bonus would be to include pictures of said annoying people.

The guy who came in today 45 minutes into the lecture, just sits on the chairs at the back (i.e. sits with his feet on the chair) and reads printed lecture notes for foundations. Then when D.E.'s starts, still makes no notes and continues reading lecture notes (we assumed they were foundations ones as the D.E.'s aren't available yet...). Note, he does this quite often.

Pretty much everyone in our Vectors and Matrices lectures who aren't on a Maths course. Just go die people.

Question Girl
Cals job to get a photo.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why does that annoy you?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
ooze
Why does that annoy you?

The sheer audacity to turn up to a lecture 45 minutes late and then casually act as if you know everything that could ever be possibly written on the board annoys me to the core.
Reply 3
And once you've got the photo you and all the other TSR Warwick students can go and kick his ******* head in. It'll be awesome.

Or have I missed the point?
People who ask questions where the lecturer has already answered the question in a different way.

Example:

Lecturer: The car I came to work in today, which I own, was blue...
(Approximately 10 seconds later, or at the end of the next sentence)
Annoying person: So, what colour is your car?

Warwick is FULL of these people!!
Reply 5
foxo
And once you've got the photo you and all the other TSR Warwick students can go and kick his ******* head in. It'll be awesome.

Or have I missed the point?

No, it's just fun.

Why have morons suddenly invaded the Warwick forum?
Reply 6
Totally Tom
No, it's just fun.

Perhaps some would consider it immoral to take someone's photo without their permission in order to vilify them on a website?
Why were there morons here in the first place
Reply 8
arisk01
Why were there morons here in the first place

Grade inflation.
Reply 9
foxo
Perhaps some would consider it immoral to take someone's photo without their permission in order to vilify them on a website?

No.
Totally Tom
No.

you realise that you need the person's permission to post the photo on here (let alone to even take it)
Reply 11
Totally Tom
No.

Well, yes.
Reply 12
Totally Tom
The sheer audacity to turn up to a lecture 45 minutes late and then casually act as if you know everything that could ever be possibly written on the board annoys me to the core.

How anal.
Reply 13
Youre an ass hole
Reply 14
Totally Tom

They saw you in here and assumed it was OK. :h:
Foxo has a point.
Reply 16
I hate when I'm in a lecture and the person next to me is on their phone for the entire lecture. The click click click of typing in text messages drives me crazy when I'm trying to listen to the lecturer. Also, those people who "whisper" through lectures, but are clearly a lot louder than they imagine and are distracting everyone within a 5 person radius. Oh, and those people who come in late and then won't just take a seat at the front/the end of an aisle, they *have* to be awkward and excuse themselves into the middle of the hall, putting the lecture on hold for a good 30 seconds.

I don't like lectures, but these people make the experience much worse. :frown:

BTW, I obviously don't go to Warwick, but I thought this thread was interesting..!
Reply 17
Dr. Unk
They saw you in here and assumed it was OK. :h:

And to think I gave you a yellow star!
Reply 18
Jangrafess
Foxo has a point.

Alright fine, I'll not get pictures.

Latest