The Student Room Group

Mental Health in BAME communities

For my Masters Research Project, I am hoping to explore the lived experiences of BAME individuals and any perceived mental health stigma in their communities and in the mental health sector. It will be a short interview that may last between 45 minutes and 1 hour and a half. If you are interested and:

- are a member of the BAME community,
- over 18,
- have had mental health difficulties
- if professional help was sought, needs to be a minimum of 2 years since.
Original post by Ana.santosdias

Could you explain whether this means you need to not be seeking professional help atm, or whether you just mean it needs to be a minimum of two years since you first sought help? It's not very clear to me :smile:
The two is only applicable IF you sought help before. But it is not necessary to have had professionally help. Hope that clears it up for you!
The two is only applicable IF you sought help before. But it is not necessary to have had professionally help. Hope that clears it up for you!

So if I first sought professional help 11 years ago, and am still in 'the system', can I take part in your study? If I'm eligible, feel free to PM me about how/when to do an interview :smile:
Thank you for your interest! Since I’ve just opened an account on TSR it’s not letting me send PM yet.

Are you able to email me here: [email protected]
Emailed you :smile:
For my Masters Research Project, I am hoping to explore the lived experiences of BAME individuals and any perceived mental health stigma in their communities and in the mental health sector. It will be a short interview that may last between 45 minutes and 1 hour and a half. If you are interested and:

- are a member of the BAME community,
- over 18,
- have had mental health difficulties

I am still looking for another 4-5 participants, if anyone is interested in joining !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending