The Student Room Group

How can I write a personal statement when I have no clue which subjects to take?

I have no clue what I want to do in the future at all, I've looked at all the different uni courses and not one particularly stands out to me. My personal statement is due in a week and I quite literally can't write it when I have no clue what I want to do. I am interested in psychology and nursing but for different reasons and I don't get how to write a personal statement for both of them
I wrote 3-5 personal statements i can't remember. For completely different subjects. Idk how they let me but i managed to do so. You can request to write two.
What about mental health nursing?
(edited 2 years ago)
You can't write a PS for both nursing and psychology - write separate ones and hopefully that will help you realise what you want to do
If you don’t particularly want to go to university, then don’t feel you have to! There’s plenty of other options when you leave school. Look into apprenticeships, maybe consider travelling, or maybe work for a bit to try and find what you actually want to do.
Reply 4
Original post by beccaxo22
I have no clue what I want to do in the future at all, I've looked at all the different uni courses and not one particularly stands out to me. My personal statement is due in a week and I quite literally can't write it when I have no clue what I want to do. I am interested in psychology and nursing but for different reasons and I don't get how to write a personal statement for both of them

The UCAS deadline isn't until January, so first I'd recommend deciding what course you actually want to do and then tailor your personal statement to that. I'm assuming you're personal statement due next week is just for your teachers to assess? In that case, I wouldn't worry too much, just pick one for now and go with that, the feedback you receive will be beneficial for both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending