The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

What each accommodation campus is like at Manchester (mainly thinking of fallowfield)

Hi,
I've made uni of manchester my firm choice and am now looking at accommodation. If anyone knows I'm just wondering what each accommodation at Fallowfield is like. I'm mainly wondering about how good and intense/often the social life is at each of them and the quality of the accommodation. Also, is city centre and Victoria Park that different to fallowfield, like can you tell the social life isn't as good because that's what I've heard

Thanks
Reply 1
i highly recommend living in fallowfield. you'll truly get to experience that uom first year experience as thats where everything happens. all the student pubs are around there as well. which halls you go to in fallowfield does matter quite a bit.

if you want to party hard go to oak (owens too). it is quite intense though but the social life is unmatched there although it tends to be a bit cliquey sometimes. richmond (where I was) still had good parties but definitely not as much as oak, also I find the people there were more friendly. sheavyn kind of have their own thing going on and don't mesh with the other halls but they all know each other well. unsworth is obviously quite nice and sound people there but I know not everyone there goes hard like some of the other halls. ashburne and woolton are dead don't apply!!!

wherever you end up in fallow though you can always go to other halls parties, I recommend getting to know lots of people from other halls :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by emlife
i highly recommend living in fallowfield. you'll truly get to experience that uom first year experience as thats where everything happens. all the student pubs are around there as well. which halls you go to in fallowfield does matter quite a bit.

if you want to party hard go to oak (owens too). it is quite intense though but the social life is unmatched there although it tends to be a bit cliquey sometimes. richmond (where I was) still had good parties but definitely not as much as oak, also I find the people there were more friendly. sheavyn kind of have their own thing going on and don't mesh with the other halls but they all know each other well. unsworth is obviously quite nice and sound people there but I know not everyone there goes hard like some of the other halls. ashburne and woolton are dead don't apply!!!

wherever you end up in fallow though you can always go to other halls parties, I recommend getting to know lots of people from other halls :smile:

any opinions on Whitworth I’ve just been offered accom there n idk if I should try n swap 😭I wouldn’t say I’m a PARTY ANIMAL but I really love a good sesh lmao! but I’m also thinking of location n condition. I just don’t want to be placed in whitworth and it’s just DEAD :frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
I got whitworth aswell, no sink either 💀 Did you manage to find a swap or nah?
Original post by Pav_1235
I got whitworth aswell, no sink either 💀 Did you manage to find a swap or nah?

lmao literally the worst and I’ve emailed to be placed on a waiting list and I’ve asked on the swap thread but no luck :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending