The Student Room Group

What is the best uni for environmental science?

I just recieved offers from (yay) Manchester (BBB but I could get it reduced to BBC), York (BBB), Southampton (ABB), Sheffield (ABB) and Birmingham (AAB). I know that I dont want to go to UoB, but, from an objective standpoint, what uni is the best for environmental science?
Original post by BukOA
I just recieved offers from (yay) Manchester (BBB but I could get it reduced to BBC), York (BBB), Southampton (ABB), Sheffield (ABB) and Birmingham (AAB). I know that I dont want to go to UoB, but, from an objective standpoint, what uni is the best for environmental science?

Only you can answer that. Compare modules and optional modules for all years of the courses. Which interest you the most? Do any of the courses offer placement opportunities, which will add to graduate CV? Then think about which location suits you best by looking at accommodation costs and availability, transport links, entertainment, etc. Go to offer-holder days next year and don't make your decision until May (every year we see students on TSR decide their firm and insurance early and then regret it).
Reply 2
Look at the course units for all years of the course at each Uni.
Look at campus tour films on YouTube.
Think carefully about the reality of living in each place.

Then sit on your hands until March.

Too many people make this decision far too early, and then regret their choice - and realise they cannot change it.
Reply 3
Original post by normaw
Only you can answer that. Compare modules and optional modules for all years of the courses. Which interest you the most? Do any of the courses offer placement opportunities, which will add to graduate CV? Then think about which location suits you best by looking at accommodation costs and availability, transport links, entertainment, etc. Go to offer-holder days next year and don't make your decision until May (every year we see students on TSR decide their firm and insurance early and then regret it).

For a subject like Environmental Science that might include field trips, factor that into your thinking about location and modules. Sheffield for example is slap in the middle of the Peak District, but Southampton is coastal...
Hii I was wondering if I should apply for Environmental science as a 5th choice even though my ucas ps is mainly about dentistry? Which unis focus on grades more?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending