The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

New secondary student rep!

Hey everyone!

My name is Molly, I am currently a second year student at MMU studying Business Psychology. Alongside studying I also enjoy going out with my friends, reading and joining the Pilates classes at the Student Union. I am loving everything about student life so far <3

I’m here to answer any questions you may have about university life, money management, Manchester hotspots and much more😊
Feel free to ask away and I hope I can answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hey everyone!

My name is Molly, I am currently a second year student at MMU studying Business Psychology. Alongside studying I also enjoy going out with my friends, reading and joining the Pilates classes at the Student Union. I am loving everything about student life so far <3

I’m here to answer any questions you may have about university life, money management, Manchester hotspots and much more😊
Feel free to ask away and I hope I can answer any questions or concerns you may have.

where is good for a night out in Manchester? unsure as new to the area
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Hey everyone!

how to make friends on my course? I have friends in my accommodation but I have no one to go to lectures with :frown:
Hey everyone!

how do I make sure I am not poor ?
Original post by Anonymous
where is good for a night out in Manchester? unsure as new to the area

Hi😊
Thanks for your question!
I would say it depends what you’re looking for in a night out and what kind of music you like. Personally I love a night in Northern Quarter, my favourites here would be Lost Cat or Lost in Tokyo; Turtle Bay is also a classic and these places are great for a bar hop with the girls. I know Revolution in Deansgate is popular for freshers, definitely a staple for your first year experience. In the fallowfield area I’d recommend Nest. Hope this helps! Don’t forget to stay safe on your nights out, especially if you’re new to Manchester <3

Molly, MMU student rep
(edited 6 months ago)
how to make friends on my course? I have friends in my accommodation but I have no one to go to lectures with :frown:

Hi there!
Thanks for your question:smile:
It’s great that you’ve made friends with people in your accommodation -this will help take the pressure off when trying to find new friends on your course since you already have people you enjoy spending your time with. I do also think it is important to make friends with people in your lessons so you can swap notes and have people to motivate you to go to those 9ams! I think the best way to do this would be in your seminar groups. I imagine each department has their own way of running the sessions but I know that most are quite interactive and involve a lot of group work. Try to use group activities to your advantage by trying to get to know people on a personal level while doing the activities. You can do this by asking simple questions; people usually find this endearing since it shows you’ve taken an interest in getting to know them. Challenge yourself to attempting to have a conversation with everyone in your group at least once, even if it’s just asking people their name -putting yourself out there will double your chances in finding people you will actually click with.
I hope this can help in any way and good luck <3

Molly, mmu student rep
how do I make sure I am not poor ?

Hi there :smile:
Thanks for your question!
I completely understand your concern about your finances, especially if you are new to uni and planning your spending.
One thing I would suggest is a budgeting plan (you can find online templates or physical journals for this). This should help you understand how much you have left of your student loan or wages after paying for essentials like rent, bills, food shopping etc; it may be handy to see this visually. Budgeting is important to ensure you have a comfortable uni experience but also just try to have fun and spend money on things that will bring you joy, whether that's nights out with your friends or a new outfit to go to lectures in.
I hope this helps!
Molly, MMU student rep <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending