The Student Room Group

A-level crisis

Before I was stressed about GCSEs meaning I didnt give lot of thought to my choices: Spanish History and English Language.
But now, considering it I think I might want to do politics a lot more then english language. Maybe there is someone with experience in A-level english language or politics? That would really help. Considering I would like to go to a 'top university' to study law, which might be better?
Thank you to whoever replys :smile:
You could always take all four, then drop whichever one you like less (if your school allows that). I think most schools allow you to change subjects until a few weeks into Y12 (at least at my school, you were allowed to change one subject up to several weeks in), so you could take one and if you hate it then switch, or you could take both (which is what i recommend). I take 4 a levels anyway and it doesn't feel that overwhelming for me, and if you were planning to drop one a month in or something, you would get the chance to pick which works best. also, i recommend asking the teachers of each subject which one they think would help most.

(Just by the way, I assume you know this, but if you're doing english language you'll want to look into what you study in some detail before you decide - it is vastly different to the gcse, unlike most other subjects where they are very similar to the gcse, so make sure you know what you're signing up for)
take whichever subjects you think you'd enjoy the most. i've a friend who did bio, chem and politics and was originally going to do medicine at uni but he's now studying law and politics

Quick Reply

Latest