The Student Room Group

Physician Associate MSc

Is the physician associate MSc exempt from second masters funding

I had to leave my current masters (non medical masters) at first semester due to carer responsibility but university haven't informed SFE yet which is frustrating.
Hi there,

There aren't any stand alone masters courses that are exceptions to previous study and equal level qualification rules unless you are attending a course which is funded by undergraduate funding. If you wish to apply for a second Postgraduate Loan, you may be eligible if you are able to provide evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons evidence that shows what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

There aren't any stand alone masters courses that are exceptions to previous study and equal level qualification rules unless you are attending a course which is funded by undergraduate funding. If you wish to apply for a second Postgraduate Loan, you may be eligible if you are able to provide evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons evidence that shows what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

Thanks, Clare

Dear Clare,

Thank you. I've been told that for Physician Associate MSC I want to do it has to go through undergraduate ucas application (University told me).

My husband has severe physical and mental illness health and was disappearing on a regular basis and I had to liaise with hospital, social services, mental health crisis team and police on a regular basis to ensure his safety. He basicallycouldn't be left alone. How do I convey this with evidence to SFE (not sure how I'd get evidence from parties involved due to medical confidentiality but I'll try to sort something).

Kind Regards and Thank you
Original post by Geri B
Dear Clare,

Thank you. I've been told that for Physician Associate MSC I want to do it has to go through undergraduate ucas application (University told me).

My husband has severe physical and mental illness health and was disappearing on a regular basis and I had to liaise with hospital, social services, mental health crisis team and police on a regular basis to ensure his safety. He basicallycouldn't be left alone. How do I convey this with evidence to SFE (not sure how I'd get evidence from parties involved due to medical confidentiality but I'll try to sort something).

Kind Regards and Thank you

Hi there, Did you seek any medical advise for the situation for yourself for support? A letter from your husbands social worker confirming the situation that was ongoing and how this impacted your ability to study due to having to be providing care for him constantly as he was unable to be left alone? Thanks, Angela
Hi there. We would also need the university name to check the type of funding the course attracts.

The evidence for the compelling personal reasons depends on your personal circumstances.

For example, we can accept photocopies of the following;

-Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from University on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or a Birth Certificate

The evidence must be;
- Signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place

We also need a letter from yourself detailing the reasons and how this impacted your ability to complete the course. Thanks, Leah.
Reply 5
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, Did you seek any medical advise for the situation for yourself for support? A letter from your husbands social worker confirming the situation that was ongoing and how this impacted your ability to study due to having to be providing care for him constantly as he was unable to be left alone? Thanks, Angela

Hi Clare, the University did offer support but I didn't have headspace to be honest he's very poorly. I can ask social worker but he only got involved after my husband had been found after a week and a half by mental health crisis team and police.

Thanks for your help.
Original post by Geri B
Hi Clare, the University did offer support but I didn't have headspace to be honest he's very poorly. I can ask social worker but he only got involved after my husband had been found after a week and a half by mental health crisis team and police.

Thanks for your help.

Thank you.

I'd advise sending any evidence you have. The assessors will review and determine this and update you accordingly. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending