The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Information Security MSc Royal Holloway or Surrey

Hi, I have applied for MSc in Information Security at University of Surrey and Royal Holloway. Got an offer from from both.
Q) Which university I should go for, considering the career prospects during/after my postgrad. I am an international student. Please advise.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have applied for MSc in Information Security at University of Surrey and Royal Holloway. Got an offer from from both.
Q) Which university I should go for, considering the career prospects during/after my postgrad. I am an international student. Please advise.

Can you go on my thread and tell me if I’m ugly or not
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Joshuabandicooty
Can you go on my thread and tell me if I’m ugly or not

What kind of comment is this?
What kind of comment is this?

I made a thread

To introduce myself I’m Joao, starting next semester I will be in my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University. I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government’s Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary of the Minister for Rural Affairs and Biosecurity Lord Benyon. It's great to hear you have applied to Surrey and received an offer. If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, then please ask as I am here to help you out :smile:

Our Information Security MSc sits within our renowned Department of Computer Science and our outstanding Surrey Centre for Cyber Security. Your teaching will be informed by excellent and world-class research. You’ll also benefit from our strong links with local and international industry. This course is fully certified by the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) and taught by leading experts in cybersecurity. It will equip you with the theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience necessary to pursue a successful career in cyber security. This course opens up a huge range of career opportunities across the cyber security and IT sectors. Recent graduates have gone on to companies such as Bosch, Ernst & Young, IBM UK and RGA Consulting.

The campus is lovely. Surrey is known to put a lot of emphasis on the social life of students and always care about how you spend your free time at university. The student union offers more than 140 societies based on any hobbies and interests’ students have and clubs for all kinds of sport that a student might want to take up. And even with covid restrictions, the union managed to organise one of the biggest covid-safe university events in the country!

Joao
Economics
Reply 5

Hey man currently stuck in this same dilemma ,... just wondering.. What decision did you make and how is it going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending