The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF + CSM application??

can i apply to both LCF and CSM?? I plan on studying similar courses of fashion journalism
Thanks!
Original post by sabrina.san
can i apply to both LCF and CSM?? I plan on studying similar courses of fashion journalism
Thanks!

Hey @sabrina.san,

Yes you can apply to both LCF and CSM.

I am a current student in the Fashion Communication department at CSM so please do not hesitate to ask if you have any specific questions about CSM or more general questions about studying in London or at UAL.

Good Luck with your applications.

All the best,

Tegan :smile:
UAL Student Rep
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hey @sabrina.san,

Yes you can apply to both LCF and CSM.

I am a current student in the Fashion Communication department at CSM so please do not hesitate to ask if you have any specific questions about CSM or more general questions about studying in London or at UAL.

Good Luck with your applications.

All the best,

UAL Student Rep

Hi Tegan

Thanks for replying!
Did you need a portfolio to apply to CSM in the fashion communication department? What was the application process like for you?

Sabrina :smile:
Hi Tegan

Thanks for replying!
Did you need a portfolio to apply to CSM in the fashion communication department? What was the application process like for you?

Sabrina :smile:

Hi @sabrina.san,

My application process was slightly different as I did internal interviews because I came to the BA from the CSM foundation.

However if the system is still the same then for Fashion Communication and Promotion you need a portfolio, for Fashion History and Theory you need to do a set piece of writing prior to interview and to show an interest for the subject either through previous writing or work experience for Fashion Journalism I think there is also a set piece of writing and then you are selected based on your personal statement this piece of writing and your passion and knowledge of fashion which will be gathered from how you interview. I'd have a look at the entry requirements section on the website if Fashion Journalism is the course that you are particularity interested in.

The application process was good for me. My interview lasted around 20 mins and was a quite informal chat in which the interviewee (the year 1 course leader) got to know a bit about me, my interests and determine whether I was suitable for the course.

I hope that is of help and please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

All the best,

UAL Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi @sabrina.san,

My application process was slightly different as I did internal interviews because I came to the BA from the CSM foundation.

However if the system is still the same then for Fashion Communication and Promotion you need a portfolio, for Fashion History and Theory you need to do a set piece of writing prior to interview and to show an interest for the subject either through previous writing or work experience for Fashion Journalism I think there is also a set piece of writing and then you are selected based on your personal statement this piece of writing and your passion and knowledge of fashion which will be gathered from how you interview. I'd have a look at the entry requirements section on the website if Fashion Journalism is the course that you are particularity interested in.

The application process was good for me. My interview lasted around 20 mins and was a quite informal chat in which the interviewee (the year 1 course leader) got to know a bit about me, my interests and determine whether I was suitable for the course.

I hope that is of help and please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

All the best,

UAL Student Rep

Hi Tegan

Thanks for replying this info is really helpful.
Whats it like to live london? much more expensive? also the closest halls of residency ive found to CSM is Sketch house, is this where you are staying?

Thanks!!
Sabrina.
Hi Tegan

Thanks for replying this info is really helpful.
Whats it like to live london? much more expensive? also the closest halls of residency ive found to CSM is Sketch house, is this where you are staying?

Thanks!!
Sabrina.

Hi Sabrina,

No worries, I'm glad it was of some help. :smile:

Living in London is great (obviously the last year or so has been a bit different)! I like how there is always something to do from exhibitions to talks to live music and of course it being a massive creative hub is advantageous with more work experience and placement opportunities available. Unfortunately, as you've already hinted, this does come with a price and it is a more expensive place to live. I'd say the thing that is the most noticeably more expensive is accommodation. Food and transport prices are similar to elsewhere in the UK. Some students (myself included) get part time work alongside their studies in pubs, bars or retail to help them financially. There are also some job boards run by UAL which are good for temporary work opportunities you can find them here and here.

Sketch House is the closest halls for CSM and lots of CSM students stay there. I lived there in my foundation year and then moved into a shared house with some other students I met that year. It is in an area called Finsbury Park which has good transport links to the city and university (it is 2 stops on the tube) and is a good place to live with lots of nice shops and a big park.

Kindest,

UAL Student Rep
Reply 6
Thanks!

yeah you can! I have applied to both for fashion journalism!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending