The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

uploading portfolio for multiple courses?

Hello!
I recently submitted my UCAS application and was given my login information for the UAL portal. I applied to CSM, Chelsea, and Camberwell Fine Art courses and one illustration course. Today, I received the information about sending my portfolio via PebbelPad only to one of the courses I had applied for, Illustration. It had given me the login information specifically for the Illustration course. Does this mean I can only use this login information for the illustration course and cannot use this to upload my portfolio for the other courses that I have applied for? This may be a question with an obvious answer, But I wanted to make sure so I don't make any mistakes. I have asked my teachers and they did not know.
Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello!
I recently submitted my UCAS application and was given my login information for the UAL portal. I applied to CSM, Chelsea, and Camberwell Fine Art courses and one illustration course. Today, I received the information about sending my portfolio via PebbelPad only to one of the courses I had applied for, Illustration. It had given me the login information specifically for the Illustration course. Does this mean I can only use this login information for the illustration course and cannot use this to upload my portfolio for the other courses that I have applied for? This may be a question with an obvious answer, But I wanted to make sure so I don't make any mistakes. I have asked my teachers and they did not know.
Thanks!

Hey,
Congratulations on getting to the next step in your application.

Each course that you have applied for will generate a separate portfolio request, scheduled at different times. You will only be required to upload your portfolio through the designated PebblePad link for each specific course. Hence, the link that you received is only for the portfolio for the illustration application and not for the others.

Hope this helped. Do reach out with any other questions.

Best,
Tejaswini (UAL Rep)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Hello!
Thanks!

im having the same issue, i applied for fashion design at csm and lcf and only herd back from Csm (which is the most recent one i applied to)
Reply 3
Hello Again!
I applied to 4 courses in ual and have interviewed with one of the courses but I haven't heard back from others. Does that mean ual is only interested in me taking only that one course and not the others? Or does it take longer to hear back with an interview or a reply for fine art in other colleges like CSM, Chelsea and Camberwell? I am just a little stressed
Hello Again!
I applied to 4 courses in ual and have interviewed with one of the courses but I haven't heard back from others. Does that mean ual is only interested in me taking only that one course and not the others? Or does it take longer to hear back with an interview or a reply for fine art in other colleges like CSM, Chelsea and Camberwell? I am just a little stressed

I applied for fine art at Chelsea and camberwell and I still didn't get any portfolio requested from them but I got a request from jewellery design at csm straight after applying. which course did you have interview?
I think each course its taking its time to process applications.....
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #2
I applied for fine art at Chelsea and camberwell and I still didn't get any portfolio requested from them but I got a request from jewellery design at csm straight after applying. which course did you have interview?
I think each course its taking its time to process applications.....

I Applied for fine art courses in csm cbw and Chelsea
Original post by Anonymous
I Applied for fine art courses in csm cbw and Chelsea

Why would you use 4/5 UCAS choices for one university?
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #3

I really like the uni in all campuses tbh
Original post by Anonymous

To be fair they're only "one uni" in a similar sense sense that all University of London constituents are one uni (e.g. UCL vs KCL). The actual providers (i.e. campuses) are very different and the actual offerings at each one will be completely different (even in the same course).

Not really that unusual to apply to multiple UAL courses at different "campuses". Also worth bearing in mind once upon a time those were all completely separate institutions.
Original post by artful_lounger
To be fair they're only "one uni" in a similar sense sense that all University of London constituents are one uni (e.g. UCL vs KCL). The actual providers (i.e. campuses) are very different and the actual offerings at each one will be completely different (even in the same course).

Not really that unusual to apply to multiple UAL courses at different "campuses". Also worth bearing in mind once upon a time those were all completely separate institutions.

Except UCL and KCL don’t know you’ve applied to the other and don’t make alternative offers for the other university as a matter of course or offer the option to switch course/college between them mid year.

UAL centralised admissions for the majority of courses about 5 years ago now so it’s a bit of a waste to use that many choices for them.
Original post by PQ
Except UCL and KCL don’t know you’ve applied to the other and don’t make alternative offers for the other university as a matter of course or offer the option to switch course/college between them mid year.

UAL centralised admissions for the majority of courses about 5 years ago now so it’s a bit of a waste to use that many choices for them.

Oh really? I didn't know they had centralised admissions. That does change things a bit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending